ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car got jacked 2 weeks ago (stay away from jersey), luckily they only took the stereo, my engine/engine mods are all there and fine. I get my car back from insurance soon, their going to get an estimate, the damage was small, just a ripped out stereo and the ignition wires were tangled with, looks like they just went for a joy ride. Anyway, point is i have a picture of my ignition system and im trying to figure out how they hotwired it, which wires they cut and what ill need to fix, heres the pic:

Let me know what u guys think, and what all from this page would i need to buy for replacement? http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?model=5A&year=2002&style=WRX&scn=5&category=580-1

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I tought of that, but I was not planning to let it go in depth on the topic..
Actually I have some really interesting info on this subject...
If you are a car thief...:rolleyes:

I'll edit some on my last post as well just to be safe ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
yeah they just ripp everything up and start it with a screwdriver my dad's oldsmobile was the same way after thye tried to steal it but my dad had a home made pedal lock LOL so the schmuck couldn't do anything but start it :)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Trainrex said:
Whooops....sorry didn't think of that:(
<sigh> Freakin' troublemakers...:mad:

:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the repsonses, i posted onnasioc as well and some poeple told me not to because it may give away too much info. ya i think they used a screwdriver as well but i wanted other peoples opinions to be sure. Thanks, ill get rid of the pic.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The right people will steal it no matter what. Even if you minelay your car they will get it.. Good alarm and don't park anywhere you don't feel like.. Remove you licenseplate on track days..

And get a shotgun just in case...

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Not to divulge anymore info, but 90% of Japanese and korean vehicles are set up the same, and stolen the same way. To put it plainly, they are simple. I get cars in my yard all day long that don't have keys. I need to get them running and driving to test the motors and transmissions. For some reason, people almost always take the keys with them, and don't surrender them after a car is totalled. Once you get used to it, getting them running, and bypassing alarms is no chore at all. German vehicles......now thats a different story all together. Very difficult.

·
Registered
878 Posts
audis, bmw, new hondas and some american cars now have electronic keys without the key you can fiddle all you want with the cylinder brake everything and it won't start. I was at the honda dealer and over heard a customer trying to get a spare key for his car and it wouldn't start even with the dealer made key. However there is a solution to every problem GONE IN 60 SECONDS might give you a clue :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
CLUB :rolleyes: cut the wheel man, comn dont you watch TV. use that thing that locks the brake or the clutch pedal. Youd be HARd pressed to try and cut that *****.
That or hook up a manual battery/fuel cut off hidden somewhere

I know one WRx guy had his car robbed and only reason they didnt get the whole thing was because of the switch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts