ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the hotchkis sport swaybar set? For the price of the perrin set, I could get the hotchkis set AND springs.

Oh it's for an 03 wrx wagon.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Yup, have them on my wagon. Tastes great less filling.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Get just the sways, kartboy endlinks are much better than Hotkins. Also, their springs are meh...much better options out there for springs (Swift Sports, Epic Engineering, Sti Pinks).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh good looking out, I have no idea what springs I want yet. I just noticed like Eibach and H&R on the website I was looking at... but yeah I still need to research that. I was just surprised to see a similar swaybar kit for like $200 less than the perrin I was looking at.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Im running Whiteline 22mm Front and Rear Sway bars (Solid, Front has 2 adjustable options, rear has 3 adjustable options... up to 6 different combinations), Whiteline HD Rear Sway Bar Mounts and Kartboy Endlinks.

I was able to get a good deal by buying these all together and probably payed the same amount as I would for the Hotchkis Sport set + KB Endlinks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I realized the hotchkis was not cheaper; I was comparing the perrin set with endlinks and mounts to the hotchkis front and rear sway bar only. :/

I'm leaning towards perrin 22mm adjustable f/r with kartboy endlinks. The perrins are cheaper, and they're red...

The perrin endlinks look amazing but I hear they squeak, plus the kartboys are cheaper. Input?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
super13pill said:
The perrin endlinks look amazing but I hear they squeak, plus the kartboys are cheaper. Input?
People either buy Kartboy endlinks or wish they did...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
i've got the hotchkis bars, got them used for cheap
along with the kartboy end links and pinks my cars pretty fun for a wagon
make sure you get better mounts for the rear swaybar!!
and if you get the kartboy links, take the rubber bushings out and grease them before installing, i didnt think they came apart(but the do as the bushings are 2 pieces) and so now i have some squeaking on speed bumps

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool thanks for the help guys!
And it looks like my shocks are taking a poo poo so I'm going to have to replace those before I can get swaybars. It's always something, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Konis - check. I put them on my '03 wagon as well. Other options will affect your camber and aren't as good anyway. If you do springs too it is a stark improvement.

As far as sway bars, it is a simple trade off between whether you want lighter hollow bars (Hotchkis) or some adjustment for the front (whiteline).

I ran the rear sedan sway bar (20mm vs your 17mm) for a long time and that is a great option if you're on a budget.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been looking at the perrin sways. Everyone seems to go with the whiteline over perrin; not sure why.

But since I'm gettin shocks I think I'll just get springs with them and get sways later. And we're way off topic now aren't we?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
My DD STi has hotchkiss sway bars.. I'm not sure what the weak link is currently but I'm not really a fan

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've been looking at the perrin sways. Everyone seems to go with the whiteline over perrin; not sure why.

But since I'm gettin shocks I think I'll just get springs with them and get sways later. And we're way off topic now aren't we?
I have tried to order perrin sway bars... twice, each from a different vendor, and both told me that the perrins were on back order...
I finally went to TiC and Got me some Whiteline 22mm front and rear sway bars (both adjustable), Whiteline HD Rear Sway Bar Hounts and Kartboy Endlinks. I am on the "Soft" Settings for both front and Rear and Holy Crap there was nearly a night and day difference in handling on the mountain roads, I may just adjust the rear to the mid setting and have a crack again at the mountain roads.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Assuming you mean larger sway bars (usually the case), the car stays flatter. It affects total grip, but probably more noticeably (and very very generally depending on the sizes you choose) front bars change turn in characteristics and rear bars affect balance (neutrality).

If you want to actually understand the concepts, read this:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/suspension-wheels/134279353-swaybar-endlink-faq.html

·
Registered
106 Posts
does anyone know if the Hotchkis front sway bar is different in size(length) between the sedan and wagon?? i know that the Whiteline bars are 10mm shorter on the wagon compared to the sedan but cant find any info on the Hotchkis ones.. i tried calling them and the guy didnt have any helpful info for me.. just said that the sedan kit comes with front endlinks and the wagon set doesnt?? it doesnt even say that on their website, so im wondering if maybe they come the same size and that the extra length is made up in their endlinks.. any help would be great

1 - 20 of 20 Posts