Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just out of curiousity how much more boost are you running in the cold weather.

My JDM STi-7 with full decat from turbo back (well fully decatted as the STI-7 JDM and UK STI-7 does not have any cat in the uppipe) is running about an additional .1 - .2 bar in 4th, 5th and 6th gears and about an additional .05 - .1 bar in 1st - 3rd.

Temperature has been in the low 70's was in the high 80's a few weeks ago.

Be careful out there. Make sure that you are not running too much boost now that it is colder, you could end up detting and melting a piston etc..If you are bog standard / stock you should be ok, but those with boost controllers, zorsts etc, any mods period to the engine need to keep an eye on the old boost guage !

Good luck !

PS: The old STi-7 JDM is flying !!!!! :):):):):)

Cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
are you just posting this so that you can show that your "colder" weather is in the low 70s while it has been in the 20s in boston????

hahahaha....j/k ;)

i have not noticed all that much of a change....i will take a closer look the next time i am out....but i am sure that the colder/less humid weather is going to be better in general performance wise...

·
Registered
538 Posts
I increased ~.5 PSI, from 15.5 to 16 in 3rd, 4th & 5th gear. Temp dropped from 80s to 40-50s.

Nice, free performance gain.

Peace,

Curtis

APS/COBB Club Spec kit 'specially tuned' on the dyno.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watch the boost 'spikes' not only the held boost, the spikes are what can be dangerous....again this only applies if you have a modded WRX, stock should be fine.

Anyone know what the rough max boost is you can run on a WRX with standard decat zorst with no ecu remap and with regular 91 - 93 octane gas without risking 'det' ? 18 psi ?

Cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I noticed a little jump in boost since its colder now, just turned down the mbc a little and its back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts