ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have had my WRX for about 3 weeks now and i am noticing that i am getting between 19-21 mpg, some of it could be due to the fact i am somewhat of a aggrasive driver but still it should be better than that :whoa:

i have a BOV(it came on the car when i bought it) and i am trying to buy a stock BPV to put back on, couldthe BOV cause me to get such low gas mileage or could it be something else?? :confused:

thanks guys

·
Registered
0 Posts
the BOV could be making that, but i get on average 18 mpg...

what kind of driving do u do the most, i.e. city, highway, mountain??

how lead footed are u? cause if u are lead footed u will see really bad mileage.. it will drop an insane amount when u drive with ur foot to the floor. when i use my cobb ap and read my fuel mileage, when i floor it i can see all the way down to 1mpg when it is floored, sooo...

btw, what year wrx do u drive?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Driving about 12mi a day (6mi to work, 6mi home) I see about 14-17 in the winter, 16-18 summer. If i go road tripping, i might see 20-23 (averaging 75-80). (Car is stock)

I wouldn't say 19-21 is horrible. I'd be happy with it. I also drive mine like it's stolen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im driving an 03 WRX, i live in the country so im doing mostly highway driving and im usually pretty chill when driving, the only times i get in to it really is taking off from a stop, or roll and if someone pulls up beside me looking for trouble haha but that doesnt happen to often so i mainly get into it when accelerating

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Driving about 12mi a day (6mi to work, 6mi home) I see about 14-17 in the winter, 16-18 summer. If i go road tripping, i might see 20-23 (averaging 75-80). (Car is stock)

I wouldn't say 19-21 is horrible. I'd be happy with it. I also drive mine like it's stolen.
haha yeah i really dont care i just thought the gas mileage would be a little better i use to get about 24 in my mazda 6S but it doesnt matter how much it gets cause this car is amazing,

im just curious if its just me or if there is anything wrong

·
Registered
0 Posts
haha yeah i really dont care i just thought the gas mileage would be a little better i use to get about 24 in my mazda 6S but it doesnt matter how much it gets cause this car is amazing,

im just curious if its just me or if there is anything wrong
well.. the BOV is wrong!!!!!:baaa:

but besides that u are actually seeing ok gas mileage on a wrx

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I did a average of 21 on highway and city on a protune vf39 wrx.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Im running a fully built 2.5L in my 02WRX, and get anywhere from 18-23mpg. I do about 80% cruising speeds (55-65mph) during that 80%..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone have input on cobb access port fuel economy setting? Maybe that might be able to save you some $$$ That is when you're not driving it like you stole it!!! :rolleyes: GL!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I get 21 mpg 90% city driving, and I drive conservatively (with random spurts of spirited driving here and there.)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Anyone have input on cobb access port fuel economy setting? Maybe that might be able to save you some $$$ That is when you're not driving it like you stole it!!! :rolleyes: GL!
back early last year, when I was 2.0L Stg2.. I tried out this "economy mode" and really (probably more than usual) drove it with a feathered foot.
I think it was like 10-15mi/tank more, than with the Stg2 map.. Real economy, there... :rolleyes::rotfl:

·
Registered
174 Posts
It seems that the time you really wanna use economy mode is long distance trips, interstate, or country driving, thats when you'll see the benefits. Ive heard of people getting near 360mi/tank on economy mode long distance. Right now im 2.0L Stage 2 and getting 270 per tank, I got 17in rims and STI wing. Im sure we all wish we were getting more.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
It seems that the time you really wanna use economy mode is long distance trips, interstate, or country driving, thats when you'll see the benefits. Ive heard of people getting near 360mi/tank on economy mode long distance. Right now im 2.0L Stage 2 and getting 270 per tank, I got 17in rims and STI wing. Im sure we all wish we were getting more.
I drive 130mi/day round-trip for work. 90% of that is interstate, and i don't speed.

With Stg2 map, I got about 300-310/tank. With the 4 weeks I ran the economy, I got ~320-325mi/tank. That's with a 2.0L in an 02WRX.
I usually full up with about 12gal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Stock 06 - I'm getting about 20ish in the city when driving in a sane and prudent manner. Driving habits are the best fuel efficiency mod really. I have put 90 miles on the 1st quarter of a tank and burned thru the rest in another 90 miles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okay well its reasuring knowing that this is pretty much normal for a WRX lol. a friend of mine has an 04 and getsa about 25-27 so i was wondering whats up-he also has the COBB accessport so that probably where he is getting the extra miles from

i plan to take off the BOV and purchase the Accessport down the road but i have a feeling the Accessport wont help me with my gas mileage :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
When I first bought my car (off the showroom) - I was getting about 17mpg (50/50 city/highway). After a few months it jumped up to 20-21.

I installed the subaru subwoofer - which meant I had to disconnect the battery cable. When I did that - the car ran stronger and faster, but the mileage went back down to 17. After a few months from that - I am back up to 20-21.

It "is" possible that you bought a car that just had the ECU reset and your car is still adjusting (if previous owner just changed batteries, stereo, or reflased to stock from some performance map). It takes almost 400 miles to get the ECU back in line.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts