ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Data Logs?

im very net to the wrx......it has a ton of turbo xs stuff
down pipe and up pipe.....Turbo XS UTEC...ect there is much more but none is engine related

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
gfleshman804wrx said:
im very net to the wrx......it has a ton of turbo xs stuff
down pipe and up pipe.....Turbo XS UTEC...ect there is much more but none is engine related
Without datalogs, we can't help you.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Not sure what your asking, but like what Matt said below we need to see whats going on before we can answer your question...

Yes a 4cyl turbo'd car will feel "slow" till your spooled, so thats what I'll have to assume is going on... Is there any engine management on it at the moment?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Turbo lag. You're driving a four cylinder economy car until the turbo receives enough energy to say otherwise.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Turbo lag. You're driving a four cylinder economy car until the turbo receives enough energy to say otherwise.
Indeed, a low compression 4 cylinder economy car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the advice......ive got all the stuff to connect my laptop.....but im afraid to mess with it........it also has to do with hte way im driving it.....its a bit picky......but i think i have pretty much figured out what it likes

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I read somewhere that the utec utilizes the factory mapping until 2500rpm, then kicks into its programed maps. ... is this true? If so it could be why things are funky till 2500 and then improve.

·
48,699 Posts
For clarity, when you say it drives like crap, is it that it's sluggish, or does it buck, or otherwise run not-smoothly?

·
48,699 Posts
Your profile says an '02 WRX, what mileage? I'm wondering if there could be something else going on, like the IAC valve.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts