ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17 days and counting since I put my "hold" on an incoming car. It was supposed to be in in May, but the dealer said that she didn't get the VIN number and wouldn't think it would be in until June... I haven't heard anything from her in over a week so I'm going to send an email tomorrow hopefully hearing they have a VIN or a date the car will come in or something... I was lucky to find the car on their "incoming inventory" and thought I'd have it by now, but unfortunately that's not the case. Lol, what makes it worse is that my buddy just bought a 2011 BMW 135i. I heard rumors saying that Subaru isn't making anymore WRX's and it's gotten me a little worried, I can't wait to get this car!!!

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome and good luck!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Welcome :)

Your car will get here; don't worry.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you're right. Lol, I've been doing research the past couple months and I'm ready to finally buy and install everything I want on the car

·
Registered
169 Posts
It sounds kind of suspicious. If the car was actually in shipment to her, scheduled to arrive in May, she should know the VIN. When I placed a hold on my car, the dealer told me the VIN before I put down a deposit.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds kind of suspicious. If the car was actually in shipment to her, scheduled to arrive in May, she should know the VIN. When I placed a hold on my car, the dealer told me the VIN before I put down a deposit.
Well, she told me that she didn't have a VIN when I put the car on hold and didn't expect it to be in until June... Doesn't help the matter though, just makes me a little worried about it...

·
Registered
139 Posts
If the wondering is becoming a bother you can call Subaru of America to get the vin (if it is in transit then they do likely have it). All you should need is your VON and the dealerships name that you bought the car from. Subaru dealers have suprisingly little information regarding the wherabouts and ETA's of the cars they order.

I called SOA twice during the agonizing wait; they were quite nice.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the wondering is becoming a bother you can call Subaru of America to get the vin (if it is in transit then they do likely have it). All you should need is your VON and the dealerships name that you bought the car from. Subaru dealers have suprisingly little information regarding the wherabouts and ETA's of the cars they order.

I called SOA twice during the agonizing wait; they were quite nice.
With the VIN, do you think they could tell me the ETA?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, they will know the ETA as well. Granted, they don't quite know for sure either, but they will give you an ETA that is generally within 1 week of the actual delivery date.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, they will know the ETA as well. Granted, they don't quite know for sure either, but they will give you an ETA that is generally within 1 week of the actual delivery date.
No luck, just called and they couldn't give me any additional information... No VIN, no ETA :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Nothing else to do but give it time now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey OP, I'm waiting on a WRB too. What part of the country are you located in?
Oh wow, I just noticed you were from NW Burbs too. I've lived in Hoffman Estates all my life, just moved down south last year for a job. I'm getting mine from Countryside Subaru, where did you order yours from?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh wow, I just noticed you were from NW Burbs too. I've lived in Hoffman Estates all my life, just moved down south last year for a job. I'm getting mine from Countryside Subaru, where did you order yours from?
Wow that's close. I'm from Streamwood, but I ordered from Grand Subaru. Is yours a limited sedan too? Did you get any options?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow that's close. I'm from Streamwood, but I ordered from Grand Subaru. Is yours a limited sedan too? Did you get any options?
Mine was already supposed to be on the boat so I got what was on it. It's a base model with the "sport performance" package. Not something I really wanted, but if that means I get the car a little sooner for just a couple more hundred dollars, I'll take it. It comes with the STI STS, side molding, all weather mats, and the auto dimming mirror with compass. I bought the STI bushing too which will be installed at the dealer when it comes in. So many other plans for it the second I grab it too, just don't want to order anything until it's mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts