Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all I'm brand new to the STI world so bare with my newbie questions lol so drove my 2011 STI on the highway for the first time last night and when I was going about 75 my hood was shaking almost like it wasn't latched! Pulled over and everything seemed fine. Could it be because the scoop is just getting so much air forced in there that the hood does that?

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
The hood on my STi has a little movement while driving. Maybe it's more than I think, because I am normally watching the road and not my hood lol.

If it is vibrating/moving enough for you to notice while driving then I would say something isn't right. Double check all connection points to ensure that they are tight and double check the latch.

Welcome to the club btw! Post some pics up of your STi, any modifications done to it?

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Hood flutter. There are adjusters in the front of the car to help

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
The height will vary by car. You want the hood to close, but not latch before contact with those. Turn them up little by little until you touch them without it latching, then continue until it takes a fair slam of the hood to close.

Watch your gaps and watch that the hood lays flat too. Easy to end up with one side too high.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I went and tried that and it did help but now it looks like the hood is up way too high in comparison to the car it just seems to high

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
So I went and tried that and it did help but now it looks like the hood is up way too high in comparison to the car it just seems to high
Slowly move them down. This is why measuring is important.

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Then just keep moving them until the hood is secure and tight and it's not raised.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts