Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased 2017 WRX and first thing I did was to put on protection film on entire hood, front bumpers, front fenders, side mirror, partial roof and A pillar. The issue is that while my installer was trying to tuck the film into gap that surrounds hood scoop insert, he somehow lifted edge of the insert. My nearby dealership is talking about ordering the new insert and painting it to replace it. They told me it can be some kind of gasket that came loose around the insert. The fact of matter is that they are not sure how to go about replacing it since they haven't done replacing the insert. Has anyone worked on replacing it. If so, what really goes into it? does anyone know what might be the reason that happened? Also, I'm wondering if any of you knows how to properly replace it without really messing the car.?

I need your help please!! I'm from Bimmerpost where a lot of help is provided to members. I expect same generosity from subie nation.

Thanks!! IMG_3291.jpg IMG_3289.jpg

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Well luckily for you, the car is new and under warranty. I wouldn't stress about it too much. I know it is hard because the car is new. But regardless of the outcome, the dealership will have to make it right it by chance they screw it up while fixing it.

For what its worth, it really shouldn't be to hard to remove/replace. It kind of bothers me that a dealership doesn't know how to do it. I haven't taken one out of a newer one. But I have on the 08-14 body style. Basically there are a series of multiple pop rivets and screws that you have to take out once you remove the heat protective trim on the underside of the hood. I wouldn't try it yourself though, just because it is under warranty.

Let the dealership take care of it. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Is there a possibility that the insert itself is not a problem, but the hood can be? Also, the dealership told me that the ordered part will be painted with authorized subaru paint shop. Will paint be same high quality as factory paint you think?

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Yes the paint will be the same quality as OEM. And I highly doubt that the hood is the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts