Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to get over the front gap hood lines on my new 2017 STI. I didn't take any head on pictures to show but it appears that the issue could be in the upper edge of the bumper/body panel. You can see the unevenness a little in this picture. The gap above the headlights is spaced out more and across the hood seems tight. I will bring this to the attention of the dealership when I go for my sticker in another week or so but not sure what they can do if anything. I've seen other pictures online with similar gaps in the same area. It's eating at me!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,709 Posts
Looks pretty normal the shape of the hood isn't perfectly flat so you will be seeing the line from different angles from a single view point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
These cars, as all ordinary everyday folk type cars, come off an assembly line with "ranges" of "okayness" as to fit and finish. I can see what you are looking at but I believe such variation is within the range here. If this were a Bentley you'd have a realistic find there. But certainly ask the dealership and see what they say.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will definitely address it when I go in for my inspection sticker in another week or two. There isn't any of the adjustable rubber things under the hood or at least where I'd need them to be.

·
Super Moderator
11,709 Posts
There should be body gap gauges that you can buy. I want to say the old one I had floating around was a snapon or Mac tools. It has a padded base and a plastic shim you can slide in the gap and move it around so it follows the body lines of the vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.