ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've had this car, the hood has never quite matched up with the grille. On top of that, it used to flop up and down at highway speeds. I fixed the flop by simply raising up those little rubber dampers (not sure what they're called), but now the hood doesn't even match the fenders. It sits quite a bit higher than the grille and sticks out farther than it looks like it should.

Does anyone know if there's something I can do to fix it?

(Pictures to come, very soon)

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
If you were to push and hold the hood down, is it flush then?

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
That's why I asked. I suspect the hood latch mechanism may be seized up, or is damaged/bent. When you "pop" the hood, does the hood spring open about an inch more than it is in these pics?

Try spraying the whole mechanism with pb or wd40 first - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1906688

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's why I asked. I suspect the hood latch mechanism may be seized up, or is damaged/bent. When you "pop" the hood, does the hood spring open about an inch more than it is in these pics?

Try spraying the whole mechanism with pb or wd40 first - 02 WRX hood won't close .. :( - NASIOC
I lowered the rubber stops to the bottom, hit it with PB, and open and closed it a bunch of times to make sure. It comes down a bit lower (because the stops aren't holding anything), but has extra play (which will make it vibrate at hwy speeds). It still wouldn't go low enough to meet up with the rest of the grille or head lights even if I push it down. It does pop up when I release the hood, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts