ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i poped my hood today and when i closed it , it wouldnt latch the secondary one does but the main one doesn't. i sprayed some WD40 but it didn't do anything its like it goes down but does not lock in. please help

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Pop off your grill (top mounts snap out with your finger, and then use a screwdriver to press down on the lower mounts located on the bottom left and right). The hood latch assembly will be right in front of you. Take a look that nothing is bound up in it like pine needles, etc. Have someone pull the level in the car and watch the latch to see what is sticking.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
First... before taking anything apart...

Some people have aftermarket hoods that they swap before they sell their cars, and have to adjust the bumpstops.

On the L and R side above the headlights... there are rubber bumpers. They twist in and out. I knew a guy (wrinklechops) that was having the same problem, and by lowering the hood bumpstops down a couple of turns, he was able to latch it all the way.

DO NOT PUSH ON THE HOOD! They are aluminum, and you WILL dent it. Drop the hood from at least a height of at least 1.5ft to get it to latch all the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts