ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to help make a sticker that says "Hondas can't touch this, so don't even try."

Seriously, driving to work today on a bloody Sunday, 2 spooned civics roll up in tandem, look at me, and then speed away. Now I wouldn't normally be annoyed at this, I was tickled by it initially.

However they endangered so many drivers on the freeway. just with they're little pull. drivers up ahead freaked out swerving everywhere. I saw almost 5 accidents in 11 seconds that would of occurred had people been any less aware of what was happening. and this was in the RAIN!!!

We had the two Hondas follow us to Alki, this was a different set, seriously what do they think they can do? A stock wrx will own it. Then there was that guy with the Black STi at Dicckk's Drive In. I hope he is on here, cause you know on the track you would be messed up.

I'm just annoyed because, I don't mind the occasional ****around with another driver but there is common sense.

There is some good news though, one of the civics trying to get into 3rd or 4th gear at freeway speeds dumped it and prob blew his clutch or something cause I heard a loud popping sound and he proceeded to slow down dramatically. This was when he was trying to show off to his gf in the car the 3rd time he tried to egg me on to race him. sigh. he deserved it though.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Azzhats drive all kinds of cars. I see it wish big pickups, hondas, Mustangs, even a base cobalt tried messing with me in NJ this morning. I just try and drive like a human and laugh like a hyena at them.

Also, there are a lot of really really fast civics out there. A sticker like you suggested would probably egg on the azzhats with stock D-series engines and fart cans.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I get that alot as well. Everybody seems to be an idiot showoff trying to make their cars do things they can't :screwy: You gotta just be the better person and let it go. You know what you have and what it can do. It's not worth causing a mess on the highway and endangering others...

At the track though, it's a different story :whoa:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I wouldn't, I ride a Honda CBR600 as well so that would be an oxymoron. If subaru's made motorcycles. Get a boxer style motor on a sport bike...mmmm and turbo it. Death in 3 seconds flat. HA.

Anywho, its more of a rant based on the trend the last few days. No one seriously has tried to race my Sti. But whatever.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I know there are alot of honda's that are slow out there, but just watch out for the turbo one's.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't, I ride a Honda CBR600 as well so that would be an oxymoron. If subaru's made motorcycles. Get a boxer style motor on a sport bike...mmmm and turbo it. Death in 3 seconds flat. HA.

Anywho, its more of a rant based on the trend the last few days. No one seriously has tried to race my Sti. But whatever.
cool

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I know there are alot of honda's that are slow out there, but just watch out for the turbo one's.
+1

I have friends who have built hondas, and with forced induction - they can be pretty serious. IMHO - Honda's suck because of their small displacement and resulting low torque output, but forced induction's delivery of torque greatly changes the way the engine feels and in a good way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah, I know what you mean Turbolad, especially cause I drive an RSX and I'm from so cal. There are definitely a handful of idiots from the Honda community, but it's like that in almost every car scene. No matter the car, there will always be ppl who like to show off, and cause attention to themselves (even though it's negative lol).

I'm from a city in so cal, where A LOT of ppl love to rev their BMW's and Benz's..and they street race 24/7 on busy streets, in the middle of the day..it's pretty annoying :baaa::rolleyes:

just ignore em all :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hey mike... just go ...."UUUUUMMMMMMMM" "UUUUMMMMMM" u feel better now? relax bro. There are azz-hatz in different cars. U remember ****'s Burger so just hang out with who u think u can hang with and stay away azzhatz.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
+4501

There are a bunch of 12.xx hondas around here, some in the 11's. The kids around here arent afraid of spray either. Highway sleepers.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't look forward to when I go back to BCC. All these idiots in ****box Civics with 5" coffee can mufflers are going to be eyeing me, I'm sure of it. Quite a few Rexes there too though, so I maybe the heat will be spread around a bit.

Not saying Civics are crap, just theirs :tongue:

My favorites are the people who roll around in body kits that just have the primer on them. Or less.

·
Registered
905 Posts
or the multi colored cars, with a different color on every panel. looks great :thumbup:

i rarely see any hondas that want to race, i dont get it. and the past few days, i havent been feeling 'racey', even if i did come across one. i just let people go by, and let them think they pwn'd that wrx. whatever :baaa:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I never saw any until this last week. Maybe I'm driving around more. I will concede that the turboed hondas are keen to watch for. I would be pleasantly surprised to have one race me legitimately (as in track) and win. Doubtful, with Stg 2, but whatever.

Just annoyed that they disregard traffic safety is all. Always on my commute do I see a cop, not around when they should be.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I heard that adds like 50 more hp though...
Yeah, it's like past a certain point rough paint starts creating an inverse of the friction meaning it REDUCES your drag coefficient. It's really advanced stuff.

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
I disagree about "fast turbo civics". I honestly believe that they only exist on trailors. Every turbo civic i see on the street sucks ass. They try to act cool and punch it to show off... and i'm like, "ok, a fast car woulda been gone by now." I'm sure they're out there, but i ain't never seen one.

I rarely have people try to mess with me now a days. Don't know why, and don't care. I get the occasional asshat that has to try to be cool to maintain his reputation, but all it takes is a shake of my head and lack of eye contact and they get the picture. Even if it weren't a waste of time, you're still an idiot for trying to get me to race you on I5 north thru Tacoma at ****ing 2:30pm.

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
Yeah, it's like past a certain point rough paint starts creating an inverse of the friction meaning it REDUCES your drag coefficient. It's really advanced stuff.
big.... words.....hurt.....head.

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
I took this pic at a local meet

Hondas are pretty cool, the majority of them are slow though. Turboed ones are fast yes, but not all of them are fully built and boosted. I mostly find stuff like that on youtube or streetfire.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Anyone want to help make a sticker that says "Hondas can't touch this, so don't even try."

Seriously, driving to work today on a bloody Sunday, 2 spooned civics roll up in tandem, look at me, and then speed away. Now I wouldn't normally be annoyed at this, I was tickled by it initially.

However they endangered so many drivers on the freeway. just with they're little pull. drivers up ahead freaked out swerving everywhere. I saw almost 5 accidents in 11 seconds that would of occurred had people been any less aware of what was happening. and this was in the RAIN!!!

We had the two Hondas follow us to Alki, this was a different set, seriously what do they think they can do? A stock wrx will own it. Then there was that guy with the Black STi at Dicckk's Drive In. I hope he is on here, cause you know on the track you would be messed up.

I'm just annoyed because, I don't mind the occasional ****around with another driver but there is common sense.

There is some good news though, one of the civics trying to get into 3rd or 4th gear at freeway speeds dumped it and prob blew his clutch or something cause I heard a loud popping sound and he proceeded to slow down dramatically. This was when he was trying to show off to his gf in the car the 3rd time he tried to egg me on to race him. sigh. he deserved it though.
Ummm.....yeah.....don't put that sticker on your car please.

Im gonna have to agree with this one....Unless u want ur car vandalized

1 - 20 of 46 Posts