Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...I've never seen this before in my life..not in real life, in my face action...

I live in Bellevue, Wa. going down 148th ave heading towards I-90 (4 lane road, 2 each way, median in the middle) I wsa heading south when I saw it..

It was a late model Prelude, all decked out, not too riced up or anything, actually a decent looking car but he flies by me passing me on my right (Im in the slow lane)...

I think nothing of it..keep driving...then here comes my exit to get onto I-90 heading West towards Seattle..

I start to merge towards the exit, when this Prelude driver completely slows down in the fast lane and swerves over to my lane about 8 car lengths in front of me..

I think, ok..I'll catch up to him..so then I come up closer to him (about 5 car lengths), when the guy completely floors it..I'm like thinking this guys is an idiot..does he feel that threatened from my WRX?

He floored it way to fast, becayue the onramp gets real skinny and turns into a 25 mph recommended speed limit..very sharp turn...Im like thinking this guy is not from this area....

He Bit it bad...I hung back the whole way now about at 8-10 car lengths away..I slow way down around the curve when I see...

His Prelude doing a complete 90 deg fishtail to the left, then I saw him try to compensate and when he did that his whole rear end swung 180 degrees to the right and elevated off the freeway about 5-6 ft slamming into the guardrail that was keeping him from going over and smacking I-90 west the drop way..as soon as the guy slammed into the guard railwith his side and front, the force pushed his car to the other side of the guardrail where he ended up crushing his rear to a pulp...it was an amazing site...

I slow way down, go around him and pullover to check on the guy..the guy was a skinny Japanese dude..he was about ready to cry when he saw his car..I asked if he was all right, and told him that he was going way too fast for that curve...he just say..go leave me alone... he was frustrated..cant say I blame him...

He should of not tried to impress me..it was pretty stupid. It made me glad that I was way away from this idiot, or he would of taken out my WRX with him..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Out of curiousity what color was the lude? My uncle owns TSR in Bellevue which my cousin works at so he might know the guy. (I hope it wasn't him though...he never drives dangerously, but I think I'll give him a call tonight). :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
OH CRAP!! I think that might have been him...my uncle just bought a body shop and he was talking about getting his car painted some weird white color... (that was about a month ago...). I'll keep you updated. I'll have to whoop some sense into that boy if it was him.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry to bother you again, but I can't reach him at his cell or home, what time was this around? He travels around that area a lot of the time around 8-10am and 7-9pm (depending on what time the store opens and closes). thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
THANK G-D! It wasn't him. I know him all to well to think that he would drive like a dumb arse, and plus he's already been to bondurant so he would know how to control his car/know the limits. He said he's seen a white lude around Bellevue with that similar description (car and driver). Thanks for the info though Kinjwrx.

·
Registered
242 Posts
What a jackhole! He deserved what he got. It's a good thing you didn't get wrapped up in that idiot's fiasco. People need to drive within their limits and quit trying to show off. It's a good thing that ass didn't injury or kill anyone.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Haha ...

Too funny .... Darwin & Natural Selection. ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
hehe..yeah..what that guy did was stupid and dangerous. Glad to hear he's alright (from the sounds of it).

I know we WRX owners like to poke fun at people like that, but it could very well have been us in the same/similar situation. I mean, there has been WRX wreck cause the owners were doing something dumb. We just don't hear about them too much.

This past weekend we had our SE Subaru met at the Dragon in Deal's Gap, NC. Lots of suby owners. Lots of fast driving and stuff. And yes, some of the suby owners pulled dumb stunts and probably pushed some of their limits and car limits a little to far IMO. But no major incidents due to Suby stupidity or anything.

Stupidity doesn't care what kind of car you drive. :)

just be safe everyone.

~V

·
Registered
150 Posts
wrXXX said:
chuglobal...i hope you don't belive in karma b/c I can sense bad things happening to you with some of your recent posts.:rolleyes:
uh..karma my foot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

whatever 'karma' is, has nothing to do with it. Called keeping your head. I've driven with Chu and he's quite a safe driver :) Knows his limits and when to pull up.

~V

·
Registered
36 Posts
Valien said:

uh..karma my foot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

whatever 'karma' is, has nothing to do with it. Called keeping your head. I've driven with Chu and he's quite a safe driver :) Knows his limits and when to pull up.

~V
Karma has do with his posts basically saying that the lude driver deserved what happened b/c he made a stupid mistake and that I would drive extra careful if he believes in karma. He believes in Darwin and Natural Selection so who knows if he believes in Karma. I feel bad for the lude driver and I hope positive things come out this accident like that he will be more careful next time and play safe. I had a little accident by taking my chances with my rex but turned into a postive by being more careful now from now on. You just don't wish that kind of stuff on someone. Its all good til its your family or friends. Hell, it almost happened in this thread since AmSfighter thought he knew the guy.

And yes I have driven with Chu...much more than you but what does that have do to with this anyway?:rolleyes: We all take risks and make stupid mistakes but you should never wish Natural Selection on a person b/c they screwed up. So let's say Chuglobal loses control of his car tonight, can I come and post tomorrow and say "Ha Ha", you deserved it!:rolleyes: Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes and some of the comments in this thread were uncalled for, IMO.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yo

OK lets clear some things up. I'm assuming WRxxx = Ryan Knight? If I'm wrong then please let me know who you are. When I use "Natural Slection" it's only a figure of speech ... not literally. If I drive tonight racing someone doing twice the speed limit and get caught them it's MY fault. I made a conscious decision on actions and will take the responsibility for it. If I drive 90-120 on 285 w/ the flow of traffic ... and I'm the only to get caught doing 85mph in a 55mph on 285 it's still my fault. :( "I" chose to do something and will take credit for my actions. If I drive 50mph on the DRAGON at midnight, in the fog, on a new road, w/ blad RE92, etc then it's still MY fault. I would be the one being the idiot. I would NOT want anyone to feel sorry for me. We're all old enough to make our own decisions. If the Prelude chose to drive 90mph in a 25mph zone and lost it ... idiots comes to bell again because he surely couldn't handle it. :eek: Yes I feel bad that someone totaled or caused serious damage to his/her car but they chose their own actions.
Now if someone drove 30mph in the 25mph and some tree accidently fell over and crushed his car then I'd feel bad. You wonder why I "try" NOT to follow Ryan, James, or Steven on any road trips because ALL you guys will do whatever the leader is driving. :( Umm I don't feel safe driving above 80mph because it's way harder to slow down when you see a cop. That's why I enjoyed driving in the caravan last Friday to the DRAGON because EVERYONE drove w/ their heads ON not like to SDR last times when you 3 WRXs drove 120mph+ on the way back from SDR and complain about getting a speeding ticket a few weeks later ... humm I wonder why? :rolleyes:
I will make mistakes like everyone else but I try to limit those situations. I would NOT want anyone to feel sorry for me because I was being the dumb A**. If I drove 100mph and wrecked because I wanted to show off to a M3 then I'm still the idiot ... I'd expect the M3 driver to laugh at how stupid I was because I was being stupid. Just try to drive w/in your limits and tests your limits in certain situations when you can limit the dangerous variables. :D It's not worth getting into trouble since most of us are still paying for our WRXs since we bought out own cars. :p

·
Registered
697 Posts
kinjwrx said:
doing a complete 90 deg fishtail to the left, then I saw him try to compensate and when he did that his whole rear end swung 180 degrees to the right and elevated off the freeway about 5-6 ft slamming into the guardrail that was keeping him from going over and smacking I-90 west the drop way
The same thing happened in my Celica, almost went over the guard rail and plummeted to my death but smacked a pole in mid air which knocked me back.

·
Registered
294 Posts
wrXXX said:
chuglobal...i hope you don't belive in karma b/c I can sense bad things happening to you with some of your recent posts.:rolleyes:
Oh I am sure he is completely invincible and nothing bad could ever happen to someone with his skills and abilities.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yo

Pleaseeeee ... just be careful. Just don't blame other things when it was your owe fault. Trust me ... I know I'm not invincible. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Let put it this way, in the tri-state area because of a fatal accident with 2 MBs and a poor civic on Belt Parkway. The civic is pulling out of a gas station and 1 MB smacked into it over 100 mph and the whole family died :( The guys racing in their MB got murder 2 :eek:

So go ahead race in the street, if anyone dies then you can get murder 2 cause it have been done and the prosecutor will use the NY case as the base to get your a**.

No road racing for me, not saying I am driving slow. I am going to the track soon to test out the mods and maybe push the limit a little :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.