Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
abbo7 said:
I was thinking about using my [email protected] panel filter and cut a square out of the bottom of the stock intake box (just the right size to keep the filter from falling out).
I have cut the bottom out of my box, and it works great! just remove the snorkle so that cold air will flow in from the fender.

·
Registered
298 Posts
aaronwillen said:
im having a really hard time understanding what you guys mean....from what im getting your saying to cut the whole bottom of the filter box off? so that you could basically look in the bottom of the box and see the filter? wouldnt that suck in a lot of hot air? Or no since its right next to the headlight? Actually who cares....turbo. But am i getting the idea right?
I measured the intake temp after I did this and pretty much as soon as I start moving the air intake temp drops to the ambient temp of the outside air. This is becasue the vents on the bumper force air into the fender, which vents into the engine bay when you remove the snorkle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.