Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holley Press Release: NOS "Wet" for WRX (OLD NEWS)

I will be getting this kit, plus a purge valve and bottle heater just as soon as my funds recover from the telephone poll incident.

Check it out.

-Jim

·
Registered
115 Posts
How much moola 4 dat ???:confused:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I talked to a few mechanics yesterday about that exact NOS kit and they said not to do it. If you do get it use it very LITTLE. The mechanics told me if you get to happy with that, kiss your engine goodbye.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
str said:
I talked to a few mechanics yesterday about that exact NOS kit and they said not to do it. If you do get it use it very LITTLE. The mechanics told me if you get to happy with that, kiss your engine goodbye.
str,

Please explain to me why so many turbo cars run N2O successfully with NO problems what-so-ever for many, many passes.

Obviously if you spray everday, you'll put way too much stress on your engine, but the WRX can easily accomodate the occassional 50 shot on stock internals. A 75 shot should probably get forged pistons and I'm willing to put some in if I think for a second that my stock pistons aren't holding up.

-Jim

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm just getting info from a few mechanics but I'm very inexperienced with cars in general. It seems everyone I ask about it doesn't think it's a good idea but I trust everyone's opinions on this site since they are the ones who own and drive WRX's on an everyday basis. if enough people from this site get them and have no problems I may consider it in the future.
Scott

·
Registered
160 Posts
Talk to Gregg at Drivers Image: 847-562-5555

Tell him Rob from PA sent you, should deffenitely be able to beat taht price... Str: A general consensus with nitrous is that it is not safe, but this is from people who are VERY inexperienced with it (Especially most "Regular" "Grease Monkeys") You should be just FINE running a 50 shot..

A few things to do before getting it:

Colder Plugs

Be aware that if your running 15+ psi, your boost is going to spike to 19+ psi, so be ready to let off unless you have some sort of aftermarket chip or fuel cut defender (Overboost protection so u dont get a CEL) This is if your spraying for the whole quarter. I only spray for 7 seconds so i really dont have to worry, and the kind of racing i do, that is more then enough time to win a race ;)

Gregg Currently holds the record for the fastest wrx in the country.. Give him a call, he is exremely knowledgable and will answer most any question you need.. Ill be getting him on ClubWRX asap.. One thing im sure he will enjoy is that this site is not full of all the jealous people as some other sites are ;)

Rob

·
Registered
160 Posts
Another note about the Kit... it is the SAME wet kit used in there RX-7 kit, so if you receive your kit and it has like an "RX-7 we shot kit or somthing on it, its the same :)

Rob

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
pace-
hey man... i'm coming out to meet you next spring for sure. its a long way off, but you sure have a beast of a car, and i'm looking forward to it. i wont be back in colorado until january, but i'll have my very own brand spankin new (stock) WRX by then. wooo!
o-|-<) bryan

·
2,210 Posts
Wrinkleboi said:
pace-
hey man... i'm coming out to meet you next spring for sure. its a long way off, but you sure have a beast of a car, and i'm looking forward to it. i wont be back in colorado until january, but i'll have my very own brand spankin new (stock) WRX by then. wooo!
o-|-<) bryan
Cool. Sounds like a date. ;)

-Pace

·
Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertiseme
97 Posts
The 05132 kit is a generic kit for fuel injected turbo cars. Its a wet kit. Dont be confused with the fuel injected dry kit. I have them in stock at all times and have it installed on my car. Let me just say that you can't knock 1 full sec off your car for 500.00 with anything else. If you guys want to start a group buy on these, I can do them for 500.00 shipped on 3 kits or more. Here are some pics of the install also.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Man i used the nitrous 2 more times tonight, and i really can not describe how good it is... Get this mod, if done safely and installed right you are going to have a TON of fun.... There is nothing like sprayin on launch and getting a 3 car lead right out of the hole!!! (Sorry but ive been out all night and racing, so im a little excited/Delirious :) )

Rob

1 - 20 of 35 Posts