ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been eyeballin` some 04-05 Subaru WRX`s for some time now and i what to know what are the avg. price that other Subaru owners pay:confused: for insurance.

P.s. I'm 18 with clean driving record

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Get some quotes. There is no way for us to know what you'll pay.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Get some quotes. There is no way for us to know what you'll pay.
Yup...people on here usually pay any where between 600-4,000 a year.

·
Registered
617 Posts
$300+/month if you're going to be the main driver. Get your parents as the main driver and you're down to around $100/mo

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Allstate will give you a "ballpark estimate" - this way, you don't give any personal information (and it doesn't have any impact on your credit)

I pay $1100/year full-coverage for my '05 STi (1 ticket, 1 accident)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I pay $330 a month. Or about $4000 a year. 22, Clean driving record, under parents insurance. NYC is what screws me =\ Thats for an 07 WRX

·
Registered
897 Posts
i can tell you that no matter what you going to be paying a higher bill just because of your age. Im 19, 1 accident (wasn't my fault, I was T-Boned) and no tickets, and I pay about 475 a month.

it sucks.:sadwave:

·
Registered
37 Posts
i can tell you that no matter what you going to be paying a higher bill just because of your age. Im 19, 1 accident (wasn't my fault, I was T-Boned) and no tickets, and I pay about 475 a month.

it sucks.:sadwave:
Finally someone who pays more then me! Sorry =P

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
Call and ask. I bet in your area which is close to mine it will be around 2500-3000 a year by yourself or an extra 1000 a year on your parents.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
A few people have told me that your credit can be impacted by getting many insurance quotes - can anyone verify this?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool thanks for the info, i went to allstate for a quote on a 07 RS and it was 30 bucks more than what im paying on a ten year old car.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
A few people have told me that your credit can be impacted by getting many insurance quotes - can anyone verify this?
I just ran my credit check (woot for one free check a year) and on I think transunion it showed up but it stated they were inquires that wouldnt effect my score.

The other ones made no mention of it.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
I just ran my credit check (woot for one free check a year) and on I think transunion it showed up but it stated they were inquires that wouldnt effect my score.

The other ones made no mention of it.
Fair enough - thanks ;)

I'm not really concerned with changing insurance companies. AIG quoted me over $6000/year for my car (I'm with Liberty Mutual) - I doubt many companies could match their price.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if i get a car it will be under my parents insurance so it wont be all to expensive, and Allstate should give me a discount for good driver/good student:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm 25 - live in TN and I pay $1400 per year for FULL coverage

·
Registered
171 Posts
So, I have been eyeballin` some 04-05 Subaru WRX`s for some time now and i what to know what are the avg. price that other Subaru owners pay:confused: for insurance.

P.s. I'm 18 with clean driving record
Judging by your signature, your record wont be clean long.

I'm 20 with no points on my license. I'm lookin at WAYYYYY too much a year for my WRX. Totally worth it :)

Take a guess. Ballpark it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Judging by your signature, your record wont be clean long.

I'm 20 with no points on my license. I'm lookin at WAYYYYY too much a year for my WRX. Totally worth it :)

Take a guess. Ballpark it.
No, its a saying that my cousin use to say with his 04 chevy 4x4

·
Registered
0 Posts
Im 19 with one speeding ticket when I was 16. I have a 02 wrx and my insurance is 128 a month, my mom is my secondary driver though, without my mom on my policy it was 290 a month

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm not so sure about insurance quotes. I once applied for a credit score program that named everything thats hurting/helping your credit. Where applying to see what loans you're eligible for WILL hurt your credit, I didn't see anything on my score about the insurance quotes I had been calling around about.

Don't take my sole opinion. I'd hate to be responsible for your financial ruin.:redface:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts