ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
very sneaky! great thinking...i think i'd put the intake duct in, and hack the end so it shoots up to the filter..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It took me like 1-1 1/2 hours with a drimmel tool. I call it the "Real Air Box Mod". I can really hear the turbo and BOV now. I can also tell about as much of a difference with it as I could after removing the snorkel. I ran it with a ODB II attached and the MAF registered incoming air temperature when moving at the ambient temperature outside. So hot air is not an issue, especially as mentioned free flow of air is better then cold air.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i did that a while ago, it's great! free intake!... kinda.... i was told that the MAF will read lots of air going in (obviously) and the ECU will frantically try to compensate by throwing loads of fuel in, richening the already rich mixture. not sure how true that is though...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dachoe said:
i did that a while ago, it's great! free intake!... kinda.... i was told that the MAF will read lots of air going in (obviously) and the ECU will frantically try to compensate by throwing loads of fuel in, richening the already rich mixture. not sure how true that is though...

I thought about that, and I am not sure. I figured that since I am not running a cone filter the air is coming in the same way to the MAF as stock, just with better flow. Does anyone know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts