Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as Jim mentioned to the mods and the whole board to try to get regional meets together so i say fine and take charge in the NE. So i ask and i got like 3 answers if that so i asked to go to the i club if anyone minded so wrc obssesed said no so i ask for a WRX meet and go figure all the 2.5RS guys go nuts http://forums.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252149 what's the big deal. I just didn't see a need to get a small flame going but whatever. This probably should be posted in the NE or OT wasn't sure but i put it here for the main purpose to show the I club flames over such dumb things. And it will only get worse i'm sure.

·
333 Posts
Yes, please do read the entire thread. :)

It got out of hand because you specifically excluded out GC8's in your offer for the meet, (I-Club means Impreza Club, not just WRX's) not to mention you wanted to put it on the same day as another meet that was already scheduled in CT by Tony. (Should have read a little further down on the forum... as it was on the 1st page)

No one really knew you, so yes, you got flamed, and totally lack in understanding that we've known each other and have had Subarus longer than you've been driving. ;)

--kC

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KC1 said:

It got out of hand because you specifically excluded out GC8's in your offer for the meet, (I-Club means Impreza Club, not just WRX's) not to mention you wanted to put it on the same day as another meet that was already scheduled in CT by Tony. (Should have read a little further down on the forum... as it was on the 1st page)

No one really knew you, so yes, you got flamed, and totally lack in understanding that we've known each other and have had Subarus longer than you've been driving. ;)

--kC
you attitude says i-club all over it. So because you've had a subaru longer than i've had my license (3years) i'm supposed to bow to everythign. Nope sorry. I mean no harm i was includeing Flame-club.com into a wrx meet and all rs jump on my back. and dont say no one knows me cuz i did meet a couple guys before but wait their not flaming because they asking simple questions! as soon i was told about the same day meet i cancelled it. This was Clubwrx 1st flame-club.com second. We talked about a date here and i thought out of the goodness of my heart i would post it there and didn't work so be it. I'd rather have 5clubwrx guys who are all in it for the cars then 20 wrx members who flame for dumb reasons.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
sorry to offend?!

KC1 said:

--kC
i personally don't care how long you've had your subaru, it's a WRX meet. he cordially invited anyone who has a WRX (from an impreza board, which the WRX is i might add) to come meet with other WRX owners. instead, a bunch of wolves jumped this guy for no reason.

i think it's typical that iclubbers would take offense to that. who cares what meets are where? no one specifically excluded GC8s, if you've got a GC8 WRX, then hell, come on down. but "no one really knew you, so you got flamed" is CRAP. this is the exact reason why 90% of the posters here DON'T use i-club. i can't believe you posted that here. how is that a valid reason to flame?

bottom line is if you haven't been posting there since 1992 at teh dawn of the internet and the GC8 impreza, and you don't "give props" to the GC8 crowd, you get flamed as a n00b. i went there right after i bought my wrx, and got looked down upon b/c i didn't own subarus for the last decade, and didnt' "bow down" to all the previous gen impreza owners.

i hope none of them come (those with that attitude of course, as i'm sure there are exceptions.)

i know the general distaste here for bashing the eye-club, but this is total BS. pardon me.

dR

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dark_rex said:

i personally don't care how long you've had your subaru, it's a WRX meet. he cordially invited anyone who has a WRX (from an impreza board, which the WRX is i might add) to come meet with other WRX owners. instead, a bunch of wolves jumped this guy for no reason.

i think it's typical that iclubbers would take offense to that. who cares what meets are where? no one specifically excluded GC8s, if you've got a GC8 WRX, then hell, come on down. but "no one really knew you, so you got flamed" is CRAP. this is the exact reason why 90% of the posters here DON'T use i-club. i can't believe you posted that here. how is that a valid reason to flame?

bottom line is if you haven't been posting there since 1992 at teh dawn of the internet and the GC8 impreza, and you don't "give props" to the GC8 crowd, you get flamed as a n00b. i went there right after i bought my wrx, and got looked down upon b/c i didn't own subarus for the last decade, and didnt' "bow down" to all the previous gen impreza owners.

i hope none of them come (those with that attitude of course, as i'm sure there are exceptions.)

i know the general distaste here for bashing the eye-club, but this is total BS. pardon me.

dR
the only reason i invited them was because the meet would involve like 5 people from here..i dont like the i club at all but thought that a WRX is a car and other WRX car enthusiasts would like to come i guess not! o well screw the flame-club.com as you can tell from that post my humble nice invitation turned into flame! SURPRISE SURPRISE!

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
you attitude says i-club all over it. So because you've had a subaru longer than i've had my license (3years) i'm supposed to bow to everythign. Nope sorry. I mean no harm i was includeing Flame-club.com into a wrx meet and all rs jump on my back. and dont say no one knows me cuz i did meet a couple guys before but wait their not flaming because they asking simple questions! as soon i was told about the same day meet i cancelled it. This was Clubwrx 1st flame-club.com second. We talked about a date here and i thought out of the goodness of my heart i would post it there and didn't work so be it. I'd rather have 5clubwrx guys who are all in it for the cars then 20 wrx members who flame for dumb reasons.
Calm down bud...take a deep breath. I totally understand how you feel here. I was having some similar problems as you when scheduling local meets as you. KC has a point here...when posting on I-Club, you have to be sure to invite ALL Subaru owners, or else you'll get flamed. I know from first-hand experience. Yes, it sucks a lot, but that's how I-Club is. I think that's all KC was really trying to say here.

Again, I totally understand your frustration, but you have to see both sides of the issue as well.

EDIT: dR's right though...it really REALLY REALLY SUCKS. The bottom line I'm just trying to say is you shouldn't be surprised (which I doubt you are).

·
333 Posts
dark_rex said:
i think it's typical that iclubbers would take offense to that. who cares what meets are where? no one specifically excluded GC8s, if you've got a GC8 WRX, then hell, come on down. but "no one really knew you, so you got flamed" is the exact reason why 90% of the posters here DON'T use i-club. i can't believe you posted that here.
Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02 on I-Club
why don't you guys go flame somewhere else i asked for a simple meet of yes WRX'S so only WRX that would be. Go have an RS meet if you want you won't here me crying about it. Don't get all uptight over dumb things
Yes, the RS was specifically excluded.

Look, the whole point is, IMHO, he came in with this thread:
Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02 on I-Club
Topic: Wrx Meet!!!!!!!!
Content: October 26th NOON how is that time and date for everyone???
That was it. ;)

Then Tony chimed in with the details of the meet already planned.

Heck, you can read the rest. Anyhoo, yes, the RS was excluded and not wanted by SpeedRacer.

He's getting picked on more not for the invitation or the lack of inviting the RS, but in how he's handling it. He's acting like a "Fine you don't like it, get out of my sandbox and take your toys with you!"

But he forgets, that he came into someone else's sandbox. :D

Look, you're still welcome to the I-Club. No harsh feelings. But how you handled it (lack of details and what your intent was) is what caused the thread to go up in flames real fast.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
KC1 said:

Yes, the RS was specifically excluded.

Look, the whole point is, IMHO, he came in with this thread:

That was it. ;)
yes it was. a wrx meet. he was very clear about what this was. people started rolling eyes and flipping the bird right after that.

KC1 said:

He's getting picked on more not for the invitation or the lack of inviting the RS, but in how he's handling it. He's acting like a "Fine you don't like it, get out of my sandbox and take your toys with you!"

But he forgets, that he came into someone else's sandbox. :D
actually, there was not "specific exclusion" he said it was a WRX meet, but not until two people rolled there eyes, and one bird was flipped at him did he retreat. not to mention he changed the dates of OUR meet so more you YOU could make it.

that's not being polite? :confused:

KC1 said:

Look, you're still welcome to the I-Club. No harsh feelings. But how you handled it (lack of details and what your intent was) is what caused the thread to go up in flames real fast.
thanks, i'll be sure to, i didn't know you were the end all be all of admission into the site. his intent was non malicious. iclub tainted a simple invitation into a flame fest.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
here's my i-club response. i would suggest reading that thread posted above to understand the reason i went to this level.

it's funny how this thread symbolizes the GC8 community's dissent with the new gen imprezas.

or is it the ***** envy of a REAL F/I car? what's the matter? it's too ugly? how would you know, you can't see past our tail lights!! all you RS ricers did a great job with the clear corners and tints and lowering springs, but your timeslips are all woefully N/A.

when you can all come to grips that the last generation RS STILL looks like the 89-02 corrolla/prizm/civic dynasty with a hood scoop, maybe you'll come to where the flavor is in turbo land.

or will you snub the STI too with your ignorance in late 2003? just becasue it's a much more advanced car, and FINALLY has the power to match the EU and JAP counterparts, will you still resort to your decade old + scoobies with your 6" blinders on? will you still insist that the looks are all that matters?

i think you will. and the pissy attitude and sentiment of i club will slowly die with that last generation imprezas, as head gaskets pop, and the last 300K mile RS passes through the car cruncher, you'll ALL be driving the new GD impreza. b/c if you're not, you'll just be posers of the past. scoobie-head wannabees who were great at impersonating the WRX of abroad, but couldn't put up when they came to the US shores.

later. and for all you WRX posters in need of a REAL performance community, RICE FREE, come to where the engineers and tuners play. www.clubwrx.net.

dR
i'm a naughty little monkey!! :D

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I don't have a good, tactful way to say this, but I think complaining about it is retarded.

Invite everybody, don't be exclusive as to which model of car a person has. If somebody with a 81 Buick regal wants to come, let them. Who the hell cares.

You guys going over there and posting like you are makes us look like asses over here. I don't think the reaction was that bad, especially not bad enough to let it slide to the level it did by your responses.

sorry, but thats my 2 cents,

tcc

·
Registered
480 Posts
thechickencow said:

Invite everybody, don't be exclusive as to which model of car a person has. If somebody with a 81 Buick regal wants to come, let them. Who the hell cares.

You guys going over there and posting like you are makes us look like asses over here. I don't think the reaction was that bad, especially not bad enough to let it slide to the level it did by your responses.

tcc
I'll have to concur with thechickencow's take on this situation.

I didn't think the initial responses were that bad, but I did get a laugh out of the guy who got all snotty because he was member #3648 and wasn't invited by member #24141 (or something like that). Speedracer, you could've saved most of the flamefest by first of all, tactfully inviting the GC8 owners when the question was raised, and then - once they'd p*ssed you off, avoided the temptation to pour gas all over the whole thing with the subsequent posts.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i took a few hours cooled down and i'm baaaaaaack i can see both arguments but by no means does me posting a lack of info for 2 post invite the flames of 50posts!! this is CLUBWRX not clubregal not clubrs not clubmustang WRX...we want a regional WRX meet so i asked i understood the 1st 2 because i was short on details but what about the rest??

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
ok i took a few hours cooled down and i'm baaaaaaack i can see both arguments but by no means does me posting a lack of info for 2 post invite the flames of 50posts!! this is CLUBWRX not clubregal not clubrs not clubmustang WRX...we want a regional WRX meet so i asked i understood the 1st 2 because i was short on details but what about the rest??
I feel ya man...it's just the nature of the beast that is known as I-Club. We had a ClubWRX last Saturday that I cross-posted on our local I-Club forum and I got more than a few "I don't have a WRX, so does that mean I'm not invited?" posts in reply. I was even accused of being "elitist" when I told someone that the meet originated as being ClubWRX-only, but grew so big that we wanted to include all Subarus.

Whenever I post on I-Club, I can't help but feel like someone will take offense to something I say, no matter how easy-going it seems. It's just something you have to deal with if you post there, unfortunately :(

·
Registered
480 Posts
Verdugo said:

Whenever I post on I-Club, I can't help but feel like someone will take offense to something I say, no matter how easy-going it seems. It's just something you have to deal with if you post there, unfortunately :(
I personally haven't had any problems at the i-Club, but haven't really posted much outside the BAiC regional forum. BAiC appears to be a more civil sub-set of the whole. But your point is well-taken. Most of the people there are fine, but there seems to be a large than necessary population of bitter old RS-only wankers, and those who like to flame solely to get a rise out of people or just out and out trolling.

The quick wit and sarcasm over there always make for entertaining reading, providing you're not on the receiving end of it, of course. :D

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ScoobySteve said:

I personally haven't had any problems at the i-Club, but haven't really posted much outside the BAiC regional forum. BAiC appears to be a more civil sub-set of the whole. But your point is well-taken. Most of the people there are fine, but there seems to be a large than necessary population of bitter old RS-only wankers, and those who like to flame solely to get a rise out of people or just out and out trolling.

The quick wit and sarcasm over there always make for entertaining reading, providing you're not on the receiving end of it, of course. :D
well the NESIC was the same way i thought ver civil but there are always a few...i especially like the guy with the RS saying it's amazing and he can spank all wrx's that's classic

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I just can't believe that thread is still going.....:rolleyes:

·
333 Posts
SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
well the NESIC was the same way i thought ver civil but there are always a few...i especially like the guy with the RS saying it's amazing and he can spank all wrx's that's classic
Umm, he can. ;)

That's Fitz One-Lap car. 2.2L Turbo in an RS.

--kC

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i still feel Speed was unnecessarily flamed and ridiculed, and i'm glad at least one of us decided to go and stand in his defense.

Whenever I post on I-Club, I can't help but feel like someone will take offense to something I say, no matter how easy-going it seems. It's just something you have to deal with if you post there, unfortunately
i couldn't agree more.

dR

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
KC1 said:
Umm, he can. ;)

That's Fitz One-Lap car. 2.2L Turbo in an RS.

--kC
and just as there are rs exceptions, there are 400 hp wrx's over here. let's compare apples to apples. the VAST majority of the tuned RS people are NOT running 12 second cars.

dR

1 - 20 of 43 Posts