Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I recently bought a 2009 WRX a few months ago has Cobb Stage One tune and I recently purchased an HKS SSQV bov and it worked fine for the first day then next time I got the car out it worked fine the first 7 miles or so. Now when I get to about 5psi of boost it starts making a weird noise, kind of like you letting the air out of a balloon. It only does that if im driving of course, so if im just revving the blow off seems to work just fine. I was thinking it was just a vaccum hose that just needed a clamp down tighter but I put hose clamps on everything and it still seems to make that noise. Could it just be because the car isn't tuned for it? Just seems odd to me. Would appreciate any help! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
The SSQV is poorly designed and notorious for leaking.. aside from that, running an atmospheric BOV throws off fueling, and they cannot be tuned for. Unless you're tuned for high enough boost that the stock BOV can't hold it anymore and leaks, running an aftermarket BOV is a downgrade, and the car will not run as well. IF you are running too much boost for the stock BOV, then the answer is to get a good 100% recirculating BOV (and get a custom tune with it installed).

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
It was just the hose that goes it to the blow off Valve was disconnected on the other end!
That doesn't invalidate anything he told you. The blow off valve, unless full recirculating, vents air your ECU has metered and causes fueling issues that can cause fouling of the plugs because of the rich mixture leading to misfire and piston damage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts