ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I recently purchased a HKS hi power exhaust for my 2006 WRX and I was wondering if I need to replace the down pipe for the best fit? Should I look in to a "High flow downpipe", If so anyone have a good suggestion as to which(s) one?
-Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you mean you bought just the HKS Muffler, then no for now you won't need a down pipe. But you will need a down pipe and up pipe at some point if you want to change more than just the sound of your exhaust. Make sure you have the 2.5 inch gasket for the end of the muffler before you start the install. In most cases one will come with the muffler, but if not they can be had from most any supplier online or from your local dealer. That exhaust sounds schweet btw, :).

Edit: Just saw that you have an '06, so an up pipe isn't really necessary, your stock one flows just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!
I got the full hks. It has the midpipe (w/resonator). I've been reading around on here though and i'm wondering just exactly how i'm going to fit my stock downpipe to the hks? The HKS is 3'' and I believe my stock DP is 2.5''?
-Thanks!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thanks for the reply!
I got the full hks. It has the midpipe (w/resonator). I've been reading around on here though and i'm wondering just exactly how i'm going to fit my stock downpipe to the hks? The HKS is 3'' and I believe my stock DP is 2.5''?
-Thanks!!
buy the HKS Bellmouth downpipe. Make sure u get the bellmouth one and not the regular downpipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts