Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to post my new exhaust. My current set-up with this exhaust is: Gruppe-S Up, HKS Dp, Blitz SBC-ID, HKS BOV. Adding an exhaust helped my car out alot.
With my butt-dyno, i felt definately more pull all over the powerband, much better top-end (finally can beat my friends hondata rsx :p )

This exhaust is pretty damn loud with no cats...hahha. But its ok, my silencer is in the mail so all should be ok soon.

*But the only problem is that I noticed that it sits about 1-2mm away from the center differential. Does anyone have any solutions for that?

I give this exhaust 5 stars: Great construction, welding and quality is great on it. :D

Here are some pictures:
Full Album - http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289583719

3" piping

4.5" tip

stock vs aftermarket :eek:

installed

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't remember mine sitting that close to the dif. Then again, I haven't been under the car in a while. In any case, I haven't run across any noises/rubbing/banging so I don't think there's any problem with it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright..i'll try that out boostedboxer.

Yup..i'm very satisfied. Thanks for the great exhaust :D Good wrapping too...hahah. Hopefully I can keep it clean like you did.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yep even without the silencer tip the Hiper is not too loud. I have one too. If the exhaust is coming to close to the diff you might want to check. Do you have the diff cover? If you do then that is why the exhaust is too close to the diff.

Just wondering what you paid for yours?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You do know that putting the silencer in will kill any gains the exhaust gave you...

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
wow that things looks like you could launch large fruits or small children out the back end of your car!!!!

joke = ha ha :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
genius - i don't have a diff cover. I'll try to get a pic up of how close it is.

ckxx - ya..i know a silencer kills the power, but i just put it on whenever i drive around cities that cops hate loud import cars :mad:

tacomaboy - haha..i love that joke. MAybe one of these days when i'm bored and dumb...i may try launching a fruit. hahahhah :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
hmm one guy says its not too loud anothe rguy says it's to loud :D dang, just gotta hear it in person I guess.

·
Banned
41 Posts
yea kinds looks like you could fit a small in it, a little too big for my tastes but hey its not my car so......

anyways have fun with it and i should have some pics of my new blitz up once it arrives on thursday!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha..thanks matt. I should be going out Thursday again. Hopefully gonna try and tap 8.6....and maybe a 8.5 (but then i need a helmet :p )

jarel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts