Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just came from a near by car hang out spot and guy had the cat back but said that there was a hks turbo back and that it costs 1300

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i called hks and confirmed that its cat back 950$ they dude at hks said they dynoed it at 13hp

what do you guys think?

the hks with the scooby sport mid and downpipe

·
Registered
6 Posts
dan, i loved the sound of your kakimoto. how much can u get it for. also, my poor WRX is hurtin for a downpipe......when will the pipes be caught up on production?

could u cut a deal on a catback+downpipe? USDM or JDM......dont care, so long as the WRX is breathing catless and has a decent exhaust on it.

email me at [email protected] if you want

thanks
chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the HKS cat back system and I love the way it looks. The more that I drove my car the louder and deeper it got. It has a nice deep tone to it. Still waiting for the downpipe to be released for it tough. I also hear that HKS is releasing a header to go along with the system. Wondering if this is true. Anyone hear about it? Anyway I think that you will like it, I definately noticed more topend with the system.

www.vividracing.com has a good deal going on right now for the HKS system if your still insterested. Check it out.

·
1,911 Posts
HKS does make a manifold BUT it is not equal length. The only true equal length one I have seen is the Maxim Works (which is what the WRC cars use). It is still in pre-production though but it IS the nicest header I have seen for the WRX. Makes the Cusco and HKS ones look like child's play. Expensive though. $1800. Yes, I do have one on pre-order. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there silWRX! I'm getting my HKS exhaust hopefully in 2-3 days! :p I've been kept on hold for the arrival of this particular unit along with my Blitz SUS Intake adaptor, that houses the MAF (was told that the CEL thrown by the SUS is due to the faulty adaptor). I can't wait till the both of these parts are installed! I was wondering...How is the fitting and clearance on your HKS carbon ti? In pics I see that the exhaust hangs angled and a little lower than other units. I'm afraid that when I lower the car someday, that the exhaust might scrape! Also, I own a differential protector on my sedan, and I was wondering if the exhaust fits perfectly despite of the space the differential protector takes up? Does anyone own an HKS exhaust with a differential protector in place? :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
VallejoWRX said:
I was told that with the stock turbo there it no difference with 2.75" and 3" piping is that true ???
4 inch downpipe to 3 inch midpipe(catless) to 2.5 muffler section seems to be the best setup IMO. Also has been dyno proven by the makers of this setup( Turbo XS). And if you go with a bigger turbo, all you need to do is replace the 2.5 muffler section to 3 inch type, but is not manditory. Depends on size of turbo.

HKS is a nice system, but too pricey. Unless you find deals.
Big name brand = pay top dollar for the name.

·
Registered
34 Posts
the HKS does hang down lower then other units, and I am afraid also about scraping once I lower my car. But I dont know about fitment with the differential protector. It should clear because the fitment is nice and stright under the car. But let me know once you lower your ride how it is.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I don't think you should worry about scraping. I was really into tuning hondas/acuras a couple years ago and big mufflers were really popular and my friends and I never really had any problems scraping unless the car is slammed to more than a 2" drop. Since the WRX is pretty high to start with it should be okay even with the 2 inch drop. Just don't go up driveways and dips straight that's all... and don't back into parking spots that have a little cement block.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts