Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
gryphon said:
Generally speaking, for the price, it's hard to beat. I can't speak for the welds, but this is some stuff that it has going for it:

1) Replaces downpipe and midpipe
2) 75mm (~3 in.)
3) Will mate up to stock midpipe
4) Has O2 bung
5) Is SS
6) Is HKS
7) Is cheap!

Some downsides:
1) No built-in CEL fix
2) No flex joint/donut gasket provisions
3) No bellmouth/wastegate dump tube
4) Is HKS

So it's really up to you to decide what it's worth to you. I should be receiving and installing mine today. If I choose to, I will purchase some mandrel bent piping (<$50 from JCWhitney) and get a dump tube welded on (hopefully <$75 ??)

In that case, I should hopefully have a dp w/ wastegate dump tube for < $300 shipped which will mate up to the stock midpipe, which can't be beat right now.
Aaaaahhh...I just can't get myself to go catless. I tried to lie to myself and say I'd do it, but I can't. Let me know how the smell of the gas goes gryphon. I'm so tempted to go with the Stromung two piece downpipe so that I could have one cat. I know it's only 2.5" as opposed to the HKS and Godspeed 3" DPs, but it's a sacrifice that I THINK I'm willing to make for the sake of having a cat.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Verdugo said:
Oh yeah the gas smell has gone away for me too...
That's cool. Surprising, but cool. My only experience with a catless car is my friends 400hp RX-7. It's obnoxiously loud, and smells like a gas truck tipped over and spilled gas all over the place. I'm glad to hear that our cars don't behave the same way under similar modifications:).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.