ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was jus wondering if there is a big difference between the hks carbon ti or hi power exhaust systems....and if there are i would like to kno them cause im trying to choose between the two...i can either buy the carbon ti or get the hi power and use the left over money for springs to lower my car...help me out

p.s.
sorry of this is in the wrong place but i kinda jus stuck it anywhere....if this is in the wrong forum then "mods, do ur job" and direct me to the right place

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I would kind of advise against the hi power only because its not full coated, meaning some bare metal is exposed in the cat back...and since I live in the north (with snow + lots of wet weather) I would be afraid to have it rust out on me. But other then that I thought they were basically the same except for building materials.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
they are the same, one's just regular and the other's canister is wrapped in carbon fiber with a titanium blue tip. If I were you, I'd save my money for the useless bling and get the regular hi power instead.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i was pretty much thinkin to just get the hi-power because im paying so much more for just the little carbon canister and titanium tip....but i was also thinking about getting the racing medaillion from tanabe...wat do u guys think bout that? im open to suggestions...:wiggles:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
FilMaNutts said:
yea i was pretty much thinkin to just get the hi-power because im paying so much more for just the little carbon canister and titanium tip....but i was also thinking about getting the racing medaillion from tanabe...wat do u guys think bout that? im open to suggestions...:wiggles:
The CF/TI is fully stainless whereas the hi power isn't that my only concern, but you live in Cali so rust isnt a major issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts