ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a Hks dp today on my 04, once I started my car the CEL (check engine light) came on but I reset the ecu , after 12-ish miles or so the light went off.

My question is will the CEL light come back on? or will it be alright?

It also seems like im running real rich, or maybe its because the DP has no cat. I also heard some misfiring I think, is this common?

And another question, how hard is it to install a Helix flex up pipe?

I just ordered one yesterday, and it should arrive soon. And will the CEL come on when I install that also?

any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
I am running the HKS dp. Are you sure that you pluged the 02 sensor bung in correctly? you may have not screwed it in all the way, or something else like that.

I think by misfire you mean afterfire. (the popping from the exhaust when you shift at high rpm, or let off the throttle in higher rpms). this is normal when you run no cats.

why do you think you are running rich? black smoke? if your smelling something funny, thats just the catless thing going on. Its going to smell a bit odd. especially for the first couple 100 miles.

uppipe is kinda a b!tch to install. Its pretty time consuming and requires a lot of bending, pulling, twisting, and swearing. but definatly do-able with the right tools and a descent set of instructions.

yes, without a CEL fix you are going to most likely get a CEL. I did a search for you on "resistor mod". read through the posts and you will know whether you want to buy a CEL fix or just make your own from somewhere like radio shack

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=885396&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts