ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i hit a guy...yes a guy..literally. luckily no one but my mirror was hurt and the guy was my friend..for now.

My mirror assembly is fine, but the actually reflective surface is shattered. Where can i buy a new glass insert and is this really just stuck on with double sided tape (thats what it looks like).

Its terribly driving with no driver side mirror. Any help would be appriciaited. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a really good question!

a friend of mine was coming down my drive way on a bicycle, trying to fit in between the very tight spot of the car and wall, and my mirror him and i all tried to pass each other with no luck. Sadly i dont have a cooler story.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no junk yard yet. this happened about 2 hours ago. the car is already at the body shop to have the small dent pulled. but i still have no mirror

·
Banned
0 Posts
So just the mirror's broke? the actual glass?

Any glass store should be able to cut a mirror for you to use, even if it's just temporary. I'm not sure how common glass stores are but I got one by my house that I used to get a temporary mirror put on my SE-R until i got a replacement OEM one.

But any dealer should be able to hook you up.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
+10 Power up for hitting biker - an actual ped. would be worth 100.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you. im glad someone finally gave me points for my good driving.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how i sustained 1900 bucks worth of damamge i have no idea.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
something about replacing the fender, which is dented, the windshield frame, which apperently is damamged as well as all the pain work involved. Progressive already sent out an adjuster who is paying for all but 250 of it, including a whole new mirror assembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Broke my right side mirror, there was some damage on the door too, cost $2,600 to repair. I didn't hit a guy though, something flew out the back of a truck on the freeway and hit me! I swerved to dodge, would've gone straight through the windshield!

·
Registered
905 Posts
hitting people is scary, actually. although ive never been in a collison with other vehicles, i did hit a pedestrian crossing the road, about 8 years ago. it was dark, street was unlit, and he was wearing a dark sweatshirt and dark baggy shorts. all i saw was a pair of legs in the headlights, swerved to the left to miss him - instead he hit the corner of the fender, glanced off the windshield and tore my mirror off. i was going about 40mph. i pull over, thinking i just killed someone, and he stood up, whimpering about how i didnt see him (no kidding), then gave me a hug and said, ver batim: 'its all good bro. im starving, im gonna go eat some macaroni.' and walked away.

so being the dumb kid that i was, i saw that as an opportunity to bolt. probably messed the guy up, more than he realized. messed my car up, too.

sorry for the OT, thought it might fit in with your tale.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I took a ride once on a hood, while crossing in a crosswalk no less. The individual apparently thought a right turn on red only requires looking to the left.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Just in case some one still needs something like the original poster, http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/ has the mirror part for like 10 bucks. Some one threw a rock and the mirror glass shattered so I needed a replacement, and that website has it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lesson learned: when hitting pedestrians make sure you gave good insurance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts