Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Bugeye, I installed a Nvidia down pipe and exhaust, and I have agency unequal length headers, and a Cobb air intake and a stage 2 tune, that comes with my access-port I didn’t take it to a tuner yet. I bought a stock sti turbo and installed that bad boy! Can I use a boost controller now ? Or would I have to take it to a tuner first? Please help

·
Super Moderator
11,717 Posts
I have a 2003 Bugeye, I installed a Nvidia down pipe and exhaust, and I have agency unequal length headers, and a Cobb air intake and a stage 2 tune, that comes with my access-port I didn’t take it to a tuner yet. I bought a stock sti turbo and installed that bad boy! Can I use a boost controller now ? Or would I have to take it to a tuner first? Please help
I'm not sure if this is a troll post or not.

I'm not familiar with the available off the shelf tunes for Cobb, but from what I do know you are playing with fire. You'll need to tune specifically for the turbo and swap the injectors minimum for it to even be remotely capable of using that turbo. I vaguely remember seeing a tune once up on a time for an EBCS, but that is likely for the factory turbo parameters and not relevant to what you have there.

Based strictly off of the information given here, if that car is still running, it wont be long. It needs to go to a tuner. No cobb stage 2 that I see on their site supports the turbo swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if this is a troll post or not.

I'm not familiar with the available off the shelf tunes for Cobb, but from what I do know you are playing with fire. You'll need to tune specifically for the turbo and swap the injectors minimum for it to even be remotely capable of using that turbo. I vaguely remember seeing a tune once up on a time for an EBCS, but that is likely for the factory turbo parameters and not relevant to what you have there.

Based strictly off of the information given here, if that car is still running, it wont be long. It needs to go to a tuner. No cobb stage 2 that I see on their site supports the turbo swap.
So is that a no go on the boost controller?

·
Æternum
16,073 Posts
Troll post. Locked.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: a5m
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.