Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All of my car friends have moved, i have been driving with bikes the past couple of months. We have been going weather permiting on sundays. I would like to have another car or two for fun, when we hit a strait adn they crack off a 170mph blast it's not fair (note: speeding on public roads is unsafe and can result in bodily harm and even death.). We just like to cruise mostly and drive very aware and with safe distance between. Latley we have been riding out to Wimberly and the Devils Backbone Maill route road(subie heaven).
Watch this thread for this week end.

Last Sun.

Me
Honda Black Bird
R1
VL1000 or something like that, V-twin sport bike
954RR

·
Registered
7 Posts
ATXIC is planning a short two hour drive for this Sunday around Travis Lake. We will be take an easy pace.

ATX Drive

I will post more details tomorrow afternoon. ROBSTA, sorry we are not including Lime Creek. Maybe in the early spring we can plan some runs.

Lightbringer

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At Last..
ROBSTA
I will have to check with the bikers about a trip it's usually a 1-2 day notice. I will keep you posted.
Lightbringer
As for the ATX Drive, do you think bikes would be minded?
A easy pace is good but i think it takes a bit more awareness of them and some people just don't want to worry about it.

As for our trips we might get pretty close, there is alot of trust because its usually only me and them(Saftey is a priority:) ) and it can get brisk at times.:D

We do lime creek some but it is infested with cops out by Lake Travis so we try to go SW.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Penguinking said:
why not plan a weekend excursion through the rolling hills of the city of houston?

"hills" meaning the ups and downs of the freeway going over cross streets and such ;)
Yea i used to live in beaumont, flat as hell and strait road, had a helluva time finding twisties,
No problen for top end runs though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lightbringer said:
ATXIC is planning a short two hour drive for this Sunday around Travis Lake. We will be take an easy pace.

ATX Drive

I will post more details tomorrow afternoon. ROBSTA, sorry we are not including Lime Creek. Maybe in the early spring we can plan some runs.

Lightbringer
lightbringer...

i saw that thread, i lurk because i am banned from posting for i don't know how long. looks like i will be making it out there and this will give me a first impression of the new rubber.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trypsin,

All are welcome. I do not know if the bikes will be comfortable with our pace but they are welcome. I do have to ask, can they carry enough gas for a 100 mile drive? We will do have a couple of planned stops but not at gas stations. The stops would be to just to stretch which I am sure they would need to do. I used to ride my old Shadow out there and 20-30 miles of bumpy road used to leave me aching.

Robsta,

Good to hear. Looks like it will be a good turn out.

See link below for more details:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=288304

Lightbringer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts