Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a strange confrontation with this foor door Acura. I was doing about 75 in the fast lane (WRX Wagon - Stock) and this Acura pulls up hard. I pull over and let him pass. Instead of passing by, he starts going back and forth thru the four lanes, never getting too far ahead or behind. All along I am still doing 75 wondering wtf?
I tire of this and pull up next to him, waiting for a look over and a nod. He just takes off without looking over. I was in fourth and with the jump, there is no way to catch up. I was about a couple car lengths behind until about 105, and then backed off. he took off thru traffic like the race was still going.
Dropped back to 75, caught up to him at an exit...he finally looked over with a big smile and a big thimbs up. Looked about 18 and in Daddy's type-s, but it still was fun. I think it would of been a lot closer if he would of looked over and did a three beep and given an equal chance. The CL and TL type-s are pretty fast.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No he still would have walked away from you pretty easy if it was a type s, those are 14sec performers off the floor, and since the bang factor for the rex is pure whoop-azz off the line you can hang it up 75+ vs a type s, that is if you are all stock.

·
Registered
73 Posts
v8killa said:
No he still would have walked away from you pretty easy if it was a type s, those are 14sec performers off the floor, and since the bang factor for the rex is pure whoop-azz off the line you can hang it up 75+ vs a type s, that is if you are all stock.
Nah ive raced both and destroyed them both it seems like the CL type-s is slower though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My friend has a CL Type-S and he cant get enough traction, too much power to the front. But at 75-80 mph, 3rd gear isnt going to help, and fourth is a pig. But like I said, it was still fun.

·
Registered
283 Posts
not bad... i wouldnt be dissapointed at all, thats a 260 horse 2wd chariot, and 4th gear is no place to start a race. Im sure he was suprised by the wagon's ability, because 2 carlengths isnt too bad considering he had a jump and you werent in the right gear. Get a reflash, and make it harder for people to tease you on the highway.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I used to owned a CL type S and let me tell you that 2nd and 3rd gear of those cars are very strong! So if you raced one from a start(stock vs stock), make sure you perfect your launch, or else it will catch you! A lil hint for you guys, CL and TL types 4th gear are way too high! So if you are racing someone from a highway roll and you caught them cruising at 4th, you can pulled easily! But, but once it kicks in 3rd and changes it Vtec lobe, you better pray.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hrm... weird.. I myself have killed a CL Type S and a Z28 in the same night during the same race... he didn't seem all that fast... then again... I was in my STi...

Signed,
Outferno

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Are we talking about the brand new Acura TL?

The CL-S is the really long Acura, a few years old right?

I'm an Acura n00b. I have no desire to own any type of luxury car at age 25, so please forgive me.

-Jim

·
Registered
77 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
Are we talking about the brand new Acura TL?

The CL-S is the really long Acura, a few years old right?

I'm an Acura n00b. I have no desire to own any type of luxury car at age 25, so please forgive me.

-Jim
Nope, we are talking about the 2002-2003 TL-S. The CL-S started it's production on 2001 and yes they are kinda long for a coupe and shape like a sphere..

·
Registered
77 Posts
outferno said:
Hrm... weird.. I myself have killed a CL Type S and a Z28 in the same night during the same race... he didn't seem all that fast... then again... I was in my STi...

Signed,
Outferno
LOL, no competetion at all since I owned both cars, the CL-S that is.. The only thing I miss about that car is the ride, and the heated seats..

·
Registered
63 Posts
It was weird though, the Type S pulled up so fast in my rear view and lined up with me and the Z28 at 80 MPH... they both took off, and I was having none of that so I dropped into 5th and took it up to 130 and they were both long gone and behind me.

Weird times..

Signed,
Outferno

·
Registered
63 Posts
v8killa said:
Not according to the cartest 2000 data:

WRX TL-S
0-60 5.59 6.4
0-80 10.04 10.69
0-100 16.66 16.31
0-120 25.61 27.61
0-140 52.70 54.59

·
Registered
600 Posts
v8killa said:
I used to own a soup up Av6 (accord) with a lot of mods. I raced my homeboy's girl CL-S and we were neck to neck. My Av6 ran best with 15.5 at the track. CL,TL, Av6 has similar engine (J30A, J32A). The more agressive cams is what give the S more performance than the Av6. It's not a 14 sec car off the floor, but can be with mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
WiCkeDrEx said:
I used to own a soup up Av6 (accord) with a lot of mods. I raced my homeboy's girl CL-S and we were neck to neck. My Av6 ran best with 15.5 at the track. CL,TL, Av6 has similar engine (J30A, J32A). The more agressive cams is what give the S more performance than the Av6. It's not a 14 sec car off the floor, but can be with mods.
You might want to check the manual trans. stats on the cl type-s, there in the low 14s and with 260 hp they are very fast. I raced one from a roll and from the line and in both it wasn't easy. On the roll I had him about 2 cars going from 40 to about 100 and at the line I had him at about 3 cars at 80 mph ,but he was starting to pull.F.Y.I.
:D :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
platinum400 said:
You might want to check the manual trans. stats on the cl type-s, there in the low 14s and with 260 hp they are very fast. I raced one from a roll and from the line and in both it wasn't easy. On the roll I had him about 2 cars going from 40 to about 100 and at the line I had him at about 3 cars at 80 mph ,but he was starting to pull.F.Y.I.
:D :D
As you can see, he post racing a TL-S. TL-S only comes in auto. Only the 03 CL-S comes with a 6-speed. ;) Also, Acura does not make CL after 03. However, they do make 04 TL 6-speed, which has a different body. But since he said it was a Type-S, it can't be the new TL because the new TL does not have type S. Therefore, the 6-speed is out of the question. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
WiCkeDrEx said:
As you can see, he post racing a TL-S. TL-S only comes in auto. Only the 03 CL-S comes with a 6-speed. ;) Also, Acura does not make CL after 03. However, they do make 04 TL 6-speed, which has a different body. But since he said it was a Type-S, it can't be the new TL because the new TL does not have type S. Therefore, the 6-speed is out of the question. :cool:
You're right ,but I quoting about when he spoke of his homeboy's girl friends CL-S he raced.To me that meat CL type-s .

·
Registered
2 Posts
x

WiCkeDrEx said:
im sorry but my brother has a 03 cl type s auto and his car bone stock did a 14.7.. and that was in the dead of summer at like 88 degrees and humid as fock.. his best time so far with just cold air intake is a 14.5. not bad at all for an auto and the car is heavy to..

·
Registered
392 Posts
CL-s and TL-s are capable of high 14's but it depends on the weather and the driver and yes even though it is an automatic the driver still makes a difference.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts