·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have one> are they worth the cash? like $300

·
Registered
218 Posts
ive never heard of a "high velocity turbocharger intake" before. what does it exactly do? is it what it says then thats stupid. because the goal of an intake is not to make the air to go fast but to get as much air in as possible, and just because the air is traveling at a faster speed doesnt mean your cramming more air into the intake. is it just a small diameter intake or like some kind of venturi pipe if it is thats a waste of money.

or am i totally worng on this because i dont know what a high velocity turbocharger intake is.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
"High Velocity Turbocharger Intake Pipe" is a new term for me as well. T1 is right, velocity isn't important on an air intake, the volumetric flow rate is. If this term refers to an uppipe, the same thing applies. I just ordered a new uppipe from England, where they call it a "turbo link pipe." What ever you call it, it still gets rid of that PITA pre-turbo cat! ;)

I'm going to be trying to seal my airbox against the fender with some rubber pipe joints that I picked up at Home Depot. I'm not expecting it to be too diffifult.

-Jim

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll find the site where I got it from and post the address and also a pic of it in a min.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks to me like the hose that goes from the air box to the turbo, but I am not sure...:confused:

·
Registered
554 Posts
That has got to be the most expensive website i have seen parts on. 2800 bucks for the stage one kit, the parts looked more like about 1800-2000 range. Then they have an Autometer boost gauge and pod for $159. WOW

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eah i know the prices are crazy but i was just wondering about that high velocity turbocharger intake pipe looking thingy was i never heard of it before and was wondering if it was a worth while mod.?

·
Registered
211 Posts
That is the hose that goes from the airbox to the turbo...... you have to lift or remove the header to replace it apparently.... kinda sucks.....

I have all the other Samco hoses, but not that one yet (coming soon)

It's supposed to be a worthwhile install......

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think I came across parts to place the oem plumbing made by a English company. The kit replaces most of the rubber parts with smooth reenforced parts. I forgot the name of the company.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've seen this before.

Sounds a little suspect to me. I'm no Engineer... no, wait, I am... but when I hear "high velocity", I think smaller or reducing bore or pipe. While this is great for velocity, as others have mentioned in this post, it SUCKS for absolute flow. Bigger pipe = more flow = more air in the engine (an air pump) = more power. Period.

But, who am I to judge... maybe they put it on a dyno. Dyno's don't usually lie...

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I got my Samco hoses and "turbo link" pipe (uppipe) from a British company called Graham Goode. Goode for Subaru has a nice selection of parts, but I ordered the stuff and I still don't know how much I am paying for shipping!

Anyway, check it out: www.grahamgoode.com

-Jim

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i came across that graham good site a while ago back and was going to order that large mouth front bumper its sweet as hell...but when i was going to order it they was on back order for like 4 months so i said never mind...now i put my mind to the c-west kit. i like it alot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the samco inlet pipe... we call it the blue death hose around here... Not worth the effort to put it in the car. If you really want to get a non restrictive intake path, you need to move the turbo. I'll be doing this very soon. As a result, my injen intake and samco hose (cut to fit the injen) will be for sale very soon.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The New Mexico Yeti has spoken and since he has a twelve second WRX, that ends that discussion. Assuming there are no new questions on this topic, I feel the grip of death upon this thread.

-Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts