ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in purchasing a used wrx torque converter that has had the High Stall mod? This one was removed from my trans this week.

Serious inquiries only please.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here’s the scoop on my recent transmission woes.
1) My new transmission came with a new Torque Converter.
2) My old trans needed my old TC to complete the trans core return.
3) I didn’t have the mechanic install the new TC on the new trans.
4) The high stall TC was removed from my old trans and is available.

This deal would have risks for the buyer as I have no way of testing the High Stall TC to verify that it is working properly.

I’m not going to pay someone to take it away. Is anyone interested in it?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
eatwrx said:
Here’s the scoop on my recent transmission woes.
1) My new transmission came with a new Torque Converter.
2) My old trans needed my old TC to complete the trans core return.
3) I didn’t have the mechanic install the new TC on the new trans.
4) The high stall TC was removed from my old trans and is available.

This deal would have risks for the buyer as I have no way of testing the High Stall TC to verify that it is working properly.

I’m not going to pay someone to take it away. Is anyone interested in it?
i thought you sold it? so you want to give me your highstall? :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll see that I said that it (my used stock TC) was no longer available.

I just thought I'd ask all of you 4EAT's (Give you all first chance) before I placed an advertisement at Clubwrx and Nasioc.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
eatwrx said:
You'll see that I said that it (my used stock TC) was no longer available.

I just thought I'd ask all of you 4EAT's (Give you all first chance) before I placed an advertisement at Clubwrx and Nasioc.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.
does the high stall work well?

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
So...why did you have to replace your tranny anyway? You don't know if it was related to your high stall TC?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I liked it when I had it. Now, I don't have it and I like the way the car shifts using the stock TC.

I won't be able to give you quantifiable track time differences (say 60 ft times) as I don't plan on taking this new tranny to the track and flogging it like the other one. After all, there is this cloud hanging over me that says "don't abuse the tranny doing all of those brake launches."

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
eatwrx said:
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I liked it when I had it. Now, I don't have it and I like the way the car shifts using the stock TC.

I won't be able to give you quantifiable track time differences (say 60 ft times) as I don't plan on taking this new tranny to the track and flogging it like the other one. After all, there is this cloud hanging over me that says "don't abuse the tranny doing all of those brake launches."
ahhhhhhhhhhh i c, so did the high stall work ok? i mean whats the deal here? ill buy it if it wont cause my tranny to break :p

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Verdugo: I don’t know or have the answers to your questions. Here's what I noticed as it (trans) was dying.
1) On the way home from the track, that it didn't seem to have the pull in 3rd gear (seemed whimpy). When I got home, I parked it for the night and really didn't seem to think anything was abnormal.
2) The next day, it shifted really hard when going into reverse (to back out of the driveway). I put it into 3rd gear. The car started in 1st, and then into 2nd. When it went into 3rd, it spun into neutral, or just didn't seem to be catching 3rd.
3) The following day, I drove the car to the shop. The car wouldn't go into first gear for them but they were able to use reverse to get it into the shop.

wrxout: I doubt Protorque would warranty your tranny or TC from breakage even if you were dealing with them directly. It's not that important to me to sell the thing. After all, it's a used part and I don't want someone to buy the thing and then blame me if they have troubles whether they are related to the part or not.

Experts: Do you think it was the torque converter or the tranny or both? My mechanic thought the TC would be ok but would not know for sure unless it was opened up. Another way would be check it would be to test it on a vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts