ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High Speed Racing has just got interesting.

ON the way to home from work, I raced this kid with Mustang GT from 50mph roll three times. I was just cruising and he down shift next to me and started to "Convince" me to race him. All I heard was his intake sucking in a lot of air and his LOUD exhaust right after. I saw a REALLY REALLY HUGE, WALL CLOCK SIZE, Tach on his dashboard. (Those were the only mods I could tell)

My bad habit with racing is that I make sure the guy goes a bit in front of me first, just to make sure he IS racing. (A lot of times it makes it really really hard to catch up on big blocks) So I did the same. I left on a 2nd gear and up to about 6k RPM on 3rd gear we were pretty even, then I started to pull. I thought He'll get me in 4th, but I actually started to pull HARDER on 4th(?)!!! We stopped at about 110mph. All three times I beat him. I was so happy when I got home. It made my day. Time for more top end mods!!

-soul

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
What kind of mods do you have? I can beat GT's from a roll with my Stage 3 setup but my car feels like I hit a brick wall when I shift into 4th (ok I'm exagerating) but 4th is where most of the faster cars start to catch me...stock turbo is teh suck. Nice kill though :wiggles:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey dude, you replied to my thread on the engine forum. (Making 300whp)
My mod list was on top. Here it is again though.

At this point I have vf22 with supporting fuel mods, fmic, helix dp, Ground kit (yay~~), TurboXs intake and prodrive axleback. Utec is tuned to off the shelf stg.4 as of now.

Thank you by the way. It made my day. I'm going to be racing a firebird after work. (Guy at work wants to race me)

-soul

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DTR REX

How's the BOV working out for you?

As of now I didn't get to dyno yet.

I was thinking of either one of these.

Part out everything and get EVO MR or Lotus Elise.

OR,

Get a stronger Gearset and build my engine plus 20g or FP.

Lastly… Get a Sentra SE-R (year 91 or so) for a grand or so. And drop in a Sylvia engine. (Don't like front wheel drive though)

What do you guys think?

Only thing that's holding me back is purchasing a new home. I just bought a house…so I'm broke!!! Donation is always welcome. (sike)

-soul

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
soulsweeper said:
DTR REX

How's the BOV working out for you?

As of now I didn't get to dyno yet.

I was thinking of either one of these.

Part out everything and get EVO MR or Lotus Elise.

OR,

Get a stronger Gearset and build my engine plus 20g or FP.

Lastly… Get a Sentra SE-R (year 91 or so) for a grand or so. And drop in a Sylvia engine. (Don't like front wheel drive though)

What do you guys think?

Only thing that's holding me back is purchasing a new home. I just bought a house…so I'm broke!!! Donation is always welcome. (sike)

-soul
Well, you won't get an Elise. At least not this year, you won't. They're all sold. I like option number 3, keep what ya got and build it up.

Btw, nice kill.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all.

Due to a purchase of a house, I guess I'll keep my car until I make more money. (Which is never!!)

Well, Mustang looked very recent. Big Scoop, too.

I saw him on the way home from work, so I hope to catch him again to do some more runs and find out what he really has under his hood.

-soul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts