ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2015 WRX with 120000kms. Ill have a list of mods at the end. Im experiencing an issue where when I reach around 5k+ rpms, the car starts to stutter pretty badly. I replaced the spark plugs, new air filter and cleaned the maf, just put on a fresh turboback exhaust with a fresh cat, all of those have failed to solve the issue. I should also mention that the car stalls alot when coming to a stop. I have a feeling its possibly the fuel system but im not certain. I dont wanna keep dumping cash into the car without having a solid feeling of what the issue is. I'm running the OTS stage 2 tune from the accesport since im located on pei in canada and theres no tuner for subarus anywhere around here. Boost levels seems normal and theres no check engine light. I have a datalog of when I did a WOT pull but I cant attach it in the post so if ur interested u can email me [email protected].
Mods:
Perrin Charge Pipe
ETS Intake
Mishimoto J Pipe (catted)
SubieDepot Cat Back Exhaust
GFB Respons Blow Off Valve
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also should mention that the car seems to be running very rich, a lot of soot in the exhaust pipes and spraying in a light mist

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Just to start the intake you have isn't supported by the tune you have for sure. The bov isn't helping anything either as the ecu only supports full recirculation

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can set the blow off valve to recirculate all the pressure back into the engine. Ya I agree that the intake is not supported on the tune but I don’t think that would be the main reason for the troubles.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Well, your car has no idea how much air is there to provide fueling for. If I were going to take a stab in the dark I'd guess that's probably not good. Especially since intakes fudge the MAF sensor to make the car run leaner.

Probably a solid first place to start

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
Your problem could be any number of things, but unless you get the car tuned specific to that intake or buy a Cobb intake it's always a possibility. In fact I'm surprised you've got enough guts to run out a improper tune when engine replacements cost upwards of 10k.

You need to check the entirety of the intake and vacuum systems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts