ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Anyway I was on the internet and searching for answers on how to solve my car’s problem I have an 04 wrx and my problem is everytime my buddy starts my car its RPM is already in 1500 and the CEL is on, my buddy checked my car and he said he found a hose that was tangled, he untangled the hose the CEL went away, oil pressure went back to normal but the RPM is still in 1500. and oh yeah he did noticed that there was a hose that was disconnected but he doesn’t have any idea where it goes? Does anybody have any idea where could that connect? I just don’t know what’s going on cause I’m not physically there to check my car. I’m on deployment right now. Anyway I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me some suggestions. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
There are dozens of hoses in the engine bay. Your post doesn't have nearly enough info for us to help. Also, 1500 rpm is normal idle on a cold start. It will go down as the car warms up and is driven. At the minimum we need a detailed description of the hoses location and size. Even better would be a picture or 5

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
true, i didn't realize that..im just getting paranoid cuz i'm not there to see whats goin on with my car..well i'll ask my buddy to take some pictures where he found that disconnected hose..I really appreciate your help man! :D

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
no problem, keep us updated and we will do our best to figure it out for you. Also, thank you for your service

·
Registered
36 Posts
1500 RPM shouldn't be anything to worry about upon startup. When I start my jeep up first, it starts out at about 1300-1400 RPM then goes down to about 1000 RPM. After it has warmed up, when I'm idling at a red light, it idles at about 550-600 RPM.

·
Registered
966 Posts
yea 1,500 RPM is what my car idles at the fist few minutes its running, maybe have your buddy let it idle for about 5 min and then see if it drops down cuz after about 5 minutes, tops, my car starts to idle down around 800 rpm.
And, thank you for your services, you deserve a perfectly working car!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Don't expect the RPM's to go down just by sitting there idling for a couple minutes. Especially if it hasn't been driven in a while it may take actually driving it to get it warmed up and drop the RPM. However, I wouldn't mess with that issue until we solve the missing hose question

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay! thanks everybody! I really appreciate ya'll! and yeah bro i'll post asap when i find out what hose is disconnected..thaaaaanks!!!! :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah, 1500 shouldn't be a problem. My WRX's cold start will put it somewhere like that.

My previous RX8 starts (cold) with nearly 2500 rpm...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't expect the RPM's to go down just by sitting there idling for a couple minutes. Especially if it hasn't been driven in a while it may take actually driving it to get it warmed up and drop the RPM. However, I wouldn't mess with that issue until we solve the missing hose question
yo bro im sorry but my girl couldn't take picture of the hose because the hose is behind the front bumper thats what my buddy told her, so im guessing it probably has something to do with the intercooler? at first i thought it got disconnected because of the pressure of the turbo. maaaaan this is really bugging me D:

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What is the CEL? That would be a good place to start...

What mods does your car have? Because on a stock car there's no hoses from the IC that are anywhere near the bumper.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts