ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so lately my car has been slow as hell at WOT it now has about 115k miles on it and the only thing done to it that i can spot out is turbo back exhaust. the thing that concerns me is its only holding abot 8pis or one mark past .05 on my boost gauge at mid to high rpm n shouldnt it be around .08 or something but it is normal boost at mid n low rpm with mild throttle witch is about 2 marks lower than .1 or around 12 psi n i also have been hearing a fluttering sound maybe from my waistgate when this all started, is this an easy fix or do i need a new turbo or WG or is my boost controller messed up would like to know asap how to fix this is so annoying

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Boost tapers at high RPM - that is normal assuming you don't have an MBC (which I am NOT recommending).

There are several things you can try to get boost up a bit across the board - a tune being the best option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it never did this before and i haven't messed with the car sense iv gotten it. but i did mess with the waist gate arm a bit today and got some better response out of it, now the flutter comes in later in the revs and it now holds almost 10psi in tell around 6k then instantly falls to .05 and sometimes a hair below it on my boost gauge but its still not as fast as it used to me only a month ago. a few days i raced another 03 wrx but a sedan with the same mods as me n he beat me pretty good lol

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I would check for a boost leak somewhere. I wouldn't mess with things unless you are sure you know what you're doing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont think its a boost leak because its not all the time its most of the time but not all. here n there it runs perfect. i wonder if there could be carbon or something clogging up the waist gate. maybe the up pipe catalytic converter could be flaking off a bit idk but i dont have time to take that all off n mess with it. its got 115k miles now n probably mild abuse most of its life and it runs a bit rich it could be possible its time to do an up pipe upgrade

1 - 6 of 6 Posts