Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I own a 2008 wrx. I just joined today and was very curious of what this noise is coming from the car. I turned on the car and turned on the heat right away and let it sit for a couple minutes. Ever since then it started making a higher pitch noise. Everytime I accelerate it raises the pitch of the noise with the throttle. Should I be worried?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey I own a 2008 wrx. I just joined today and was very curious of what this noise is coming from the car. I turned on the car and turned on the heat right away and let it sit for a couple minutes. Ever since then it started making a higher pitch noise. Everytime I accelerate it raises the pitch of the noise with the throttle. Should I be worried?
I am not expert or even own a WRX let alone any experience with tuning. But in the past a few days, I have been watching a lot of videos about tuning WRX(J-Pipe). One of the videos mentioned about high pitch noise from throttle. I think you should have a mechanic to check it for you. Might be nothing, but I think you should check it for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
No one is going to be able to offer any real help without actually hearing it. Then even still it's only something to look at yourself. We're not there to see it or hear it making it that much more difficult

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was just the the Heater running I'm pretty sure. its 20F out and i started the car another time with the air off and it sounded fine. Hopefully that was it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im pretty sure its just because i tried turning on the heat right away without letting the car warm up. Its 20F out so I'm assuming thats what it was. not having that noise anymore

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Could be gear whine, intake/boost leak, bad turbo, blower motor, AC compressor, alternator, and probably a dozen more things escaping me right now.

Need a little more info about where the sound comes from, when it happens. And what the whine is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be gear whine, intake/boost leak, bad turbo, blower motor, AC compressor, alternator, and probably a dozen more things escaping me right now.

Need a little more info about where the sound comes from, when it happens. And what the whine is.

Ok so I thought it was my ac compressor but now I'm thinking it's the steering pump. Haven't been able to take a look it's so damn cold here. It might be low on steering pump fluid but i have no idea. It's not a boost leak my access port shows me hitting full boost. Engine is running great it's just a weird noise and i just haven't been able to keep up with it. I will post a video possibly later today.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
You can have a boost leak that's audible and still hit target boost

1 - 9 of 9 Posts