Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, 2018 WRX 50th Anniversary Edition. I have noticed that when listening to NFL network or any talk-related channels, I get a really high pitch noise that comes when I'm in negative boost. It goes away when as soon as I get into positive boost though.

The weird thing is it happens exactly opposite to that sometimes, but mostly the first way I described it. Any one else experience this at all? It's probably there on the music channels too, but I just can't hear it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it just drives me nuts. I was really hoping someone else was having this issue so it would be something I could take care of on my own. I guess I'll just have to see what the dealer has to say when I stop by to pick up my plates.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just updating this for anyone else who may run into this in the future. Took it into the dealership on Monday, and replicated it with a tech in the car. He confirmed he heard it.

Dealership wanted to keep it to try and diagnose further but has had it for 1.5 days and hasn't figured it out. They will be replacing the headunit as the next step. I hope to god it kills this issue. I'm ready to have my car back! I am driving a Forester now as a loaner, and it's just not for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just updating this for anyone else who may run into this in the future. Took it into the dealership on Monday, and replicated it with a tech in the car. He confirmed he heard it.

Dealership wanted to keep it to try and diagnose further but has had it for 1.5 days and hasn't figured it out. They will be replacing the headunit as the next step. I hope to god it kills this issue. I'm ready to have my car back! I am driving a Forester now as a loaner, and it's just not for me.

Soooooo did replacing the head unit fix it? My 2018 with HK does the same thing and it’s pretty annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts