ClubWRX Forum banner

621 - 627 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2002 WRX 230,000 miles. Replaced US 2.5 with JDM 2.0 (still don't know the name of that motor) at 210,000. Everything is braking faster than I can fix it. Wish I had the time/money to get her feeling right.

·
something else forever
3,894 Posts
that's incredible - do you find the older models far more reliable than the newer generations?

·
Registered
4 Posts
that's incredible - do you find the older models far more reliable than the newer generations?
Unfortunately I don't have experience with anything newer to be able to meaningfully respond. We've had good luck with our '02, historically, and after the rebuild+stage 2 and transmission replacement (at ~210k) the powertrain feels like a new car again. Well, better, because with the stage 2 we have more HP.

Intuitively, I feel like ours is more reliable than the even older ones (pre-'02), so have generally assumed that trajectory holds and the newer ones keep getting more reliable, but I honestly can't say for sure.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,579 Posts
My 2002 has 240k miles but TBH I’ve not been posting because I didn’t find the mileage remarkable. I don’t own any cars with less than 200k. My newest car gets driven the most so it’s got 330K.

Let’s wait some more and see. I’ll check back if my 2002 hits 350 or so.

621 - 627 of 627 Posts