ClubWRX Forum banner

601 - 620 of 621 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
2012 wrx 108,000 gettin a new head gasket as we speak have new timeing belt already done has any one else had any problems with their head gasket when they hit a high mileage?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2002 WRX Wagon - 133,000 - Original Owner - rebuilt motor 1 year ago when gear went and took out the timing belt. Trans and clutch original. This car will outlive me intend to teach my grandson to drive it. Only 13 years to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just hit 86k on my 2015' Wrx. I'll be back soon. Motor rebuilt under warranty at 42k. Motor and turbo replaced with long block (under warranty) at 44k. Intake replaced under warranty at 60k.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just hit 86k on my 2015' Wrx. I'll be back soon. Motor rebuilt under warranty at 42k. Motor and turbo replaced with long block (under warranty) at 44k. Intake replaced under warranty at 60k.
What caused the failure at 44k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Judging by this thread it seems these cars make great daily drivers. Good to know, as I plan on putting ~30,000 a year on it if I get one!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had my car for over a year and almost hit 30k! It's 2016 WRX stock with no problem.

It's a fun and great daily driver car. You will enjoy it! Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
atccf - '02 WRX: 307,500 bone stock (original motor, clutch, turbo) head gasket started leaking oil about 500 miles ago. Time for a motor swap and hand it down to my son.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
2003 WRX sedan original owner. 277,xxx miles. Clutch, radiator, alternator, a couple half shafts. Das bout it.
Nice! And welcome back, old timer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have MY2015 WRX with 108,000 miles. Had absolutely 0 Issues with the car. I am genuinely curious whether anyone else has a MY2015 WRX with similar or higher mileage. Both dealerships and a tuner that I use told me that it's by far the highest millage 2015 that they have seen. Below is my list of engine mods:

COBB Resonated Turbo-back Exhaust
ETS Front Mount Intercooler
GrimSpeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
GrimSpeed Stealth Box Air Intake
Perrin Inlet Hose
COBB AP with Procom Protune
TGV-EGR delete
Peak 310 WHP, 320 WTQ on Mustang Dyno (Numbers converted to DynoJet Readout)

Oil changes every 5k and two wallnut blastings so far

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got me a 03 Bugeye with 157,000km and only just installed koyo rad and very soon a Grimmspeed Catless Uppipe. Geez these midwest bolts are a pain in my ass and back and arms and time. Ready to get her on the road only had her for just over a month now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2008 wrx 312,000 miles on the clock swapped out the short block myself with a Sti block at 190,000 just for piece of mind and a project still going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

601 - 620 of 621 Posts