Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m brand new to the forum so sorry if posting something that’s already been discussed a million times!

So I have an 04 Sti with approx 117k miles on it. Just basic bolt tons and cosmetics stuff done to it. It runs really well just has a small coolant leak I’m fixing but nothing major.
I’ve never actually driven it longer than 1.5 hours at a time and I’m planning a 7hr road trip to LA. What is everyone’s thoughts, will an sti with so many miles give me any problems in that long of a drive?
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,791 Posts
A car maintained with authentic parts would be considered low miles with that history. Yours has been modified. Nobody knows.

·
Æternum
16,063 Posts
A car maintained with authentic parts would be considered low miles with that history. Yours has been modified. Nobody knows.
I would tend to agree.

What's more concerning to me are cosmetic mods. I have no supporting data besides a hunch and healthy bit of cognitive bias, but I feel that MANY cars that are cosmetically modified are done so by owners that very poorly maintain their vehicle's mechanical.

There are exceptions to this rule cough @Verdugo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.