Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if you had a EBC GReddy Profec B for example and switched it on high every once in a while, would the ECU have to learn the new boost level every time it is switched on ??? by learn i mean supply more fuel and etc...and do i need a AFC to prevent detonation with 15.5 psi??(APEXi)?? how high is high enough psi for detonation with stock Intercooler (what psi should i stay under) does anyone know if GReddy is making a TT harness for the WRX??will other marnesses work with the GReddy TT like the BLiTZ???? thanks for reading this

·
Registered
151 Posts
VallejoWRX said:
i was wondering if you had a EBC GReddy Profec B for example and switched it on high every once in a while, would the ECU have to learn the new boost level every time it is switched on ??? by learn i mean supply more fuel and etc...and do i need a AFC to prevent detonation with 15.5 psi??(APEXi)?? how high is high enough psi for detonation with stock Intercooler (what psi should i stay under) does anyone know if GReddy is making a TT harness for the WRX??will other marnesses work with the GReddy TT like the BLiTZ???? thanks for reading this

The ECU does not learn Jack squat under boost...

Once in boost it falls back on its preprogramed maps that do not change.

The ECU can learn off boost to a degree when its driving fuel based off the front o2 sensor, but on boost it will NOT learn anything... thats why we do ECU upgrades.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To me, these dual level boost controllers are only good for one thing, changing your maximum boost to fit the fuel used. If you have issues with the AFR, that's a whole other problem.

For my Impulse RS, I intend to set it up to run at ~18 psi on 92 octane, but run it to a switched pressure of 28 psi when the good stuff is in the tank. None of this 'scramble' non-sense -- That's how you melt pistons. (I took it a step further and blew chunks out of mine. :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
151 Posts
AWDTurboNut said:

None of this 'scramble' non-sense -- That's how you melt pistons. (I took it a step further and blew chunks out of mine. :rolleyes: )
This is exactly why i went back to the MBC... its too tempting to run the race boost map otherwise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts