Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting Feedback Knock Learn at low RPM's. The knock has been between -2.81 through -5.**. When this happens the DAM drops to no less than .875 and makes its way back up to .938. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening. It seems to stop at around 2k RPM. I have COBB stage 1 91 OTS map currently and live in Arizona. 

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
Knock at really low rpm is fairly normal, however I would question a larger problem if your dam is not maintaining 1.

What situations are you driving around below 2k rpm? Ideally you don't want to be lugging it espically in higher gears.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello.

The knock is not appearing when I am causing, it appears at takeoff. It goes away between 2-2500k RPM's. I am assuming the knock is due to the Arizona gas quality, which is causing the DAM to go down, but it is just concerning to me. For some very odd reason Cobb does not have an ACN tune for the 2017 models, yet they just released one for the 2018 models which is bizarre. I am looking into a pro tune very soon.

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
That could likely be part of the problem. Email cobb and ask about an acn tune for the vehicle.

·
Æternum
15,466 Posts
hello.

The knock is not appearing when I am causing, it appears at takeoff. It goes away between 2-2500k RPM's. I am assuming the knock is due to the Arizona gas quality, which is causing the DAM to go down, but it is just concerning to me. For some very odd reason Cobb does not have an ACN tune for the 2017 models, yet they just released one for the 2018 models which is bizarre. I am looking into a pro tune very soon.
I suggest you read.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/dit-wrxfxt-acn91-maps/

Honestly these OTS maps are not reliable enough.
That's a bold statement from someone with an apparently modest understanding of ECU calibration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts