Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a high idle occasionally in the summer (around 2k-2.5k rpm) when just sitting, like at a light or in a parking lot. This happened a couple of times last summer and a few days ago. Today, it happened again and after a couple of errand stops, it was going up to 3k even if I turned off the AC and the temperature gauge was still normal. Then almost out of the shopping center, the revs shot up to 4k-4.5k and the temp gauge went way up to about 3/4. So I pulled into the next lot, turned off the engine, and popped the hood. The coolant overflow container was well above the line and the oil level was fine and there was no leaking fluids or any fluid sprayed in the engine compartment. I left the hood open and went into the store for a few minutes and called the dealership to make an appointment and when I came back out and restarted the car, the temp gauge was normal and idle normal again. After getting home, I checked the oil again - which was normal, and the coolant overflow tank was right at the line.

Any idea what is wrong?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts