ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am planning on putting an aftermarket downpipe on my WRX and about to order one.

I am torn between 2. One is a 100 cell High Flow Downpipe and one is 200 Cell High Flow Downpipe.

Where I live, I can go catless if I want but I would prefer not to for smell/boost creep reasons, so I am deciding between these 2 downpipes.

I have a JDM WRX so I only have the 1 cat in the downpipe.

I am wanting some decent power gains from a downpipe and tune so would a 200 cell make me lose power compared to the 100 cell? Or would the 200 cell still provide a great improvement over the stock downpipe?

How many cats are in the stock downpipe anyway?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,803 Posts
What year wrx? If you have an actual jdm car legally in the US then it's pre 95 and I have no idea. Where are you from?

I think you are putting too much thought into it though. Also, it's 100% illegal to remove any emissions equipment in every state. If you get caught in the states it's a 25k dollar fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year wrx? If you have an actual jdm car legally in the US then it's pre 95 and I have no idea. Where are you from?

I think you are putting too much thought into it though. Also, it's 100% illegal to remove any emissions equipment in every state. If you get caught in the states it's a 25k dollar fine.
Sorry I should have said, I have a 2001 JDM WRX and I live in New Zealand. We can go catless here if we want to but I don't want to due to issues mentioned before :).

I am tossing up between this: XFORCE SUBARU WRX 92-06 FRONT EXHAUST PIPE With Hi Flow Cat - Redline Performance

And this: Subaru WRX & STI (1999-2007) Road-spec Down Pipe Exhaust with CAT

Top one is 100 cell and bottom one is 200 cell. I am also stressing because I know that JDM WRXs have shorter downpipes and longer midpipes compared to US and NZ model and I have tried asking the sellers if they will fit JDM but they are not being clear.

·
Premium Member
10,803 Posts
I feel like then NZ thing has come up before and i should have known or remembered. My bad.

I honestly don't know. I do know that the actual bell mouth design and the move to 3" make the larger impact to power than 100 or 200 cells in the cat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts