ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After one of my after market Hid wanna be lights burning out i was like (#$_)#($ i'll just go hid now. Should be here in 2-5 days. Here is the link to the website i purchased mine from.

http://www.xenonlink.com/

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Did you make sure you choose H7 for your headlight? For my 07 is H7 for regular light and 9006k for highbeam i think and h3 for fog light.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Did you make sure you choose H7 for your headlight? For my 07 is H7 for regular light and 9006k for highbeam i think and h3 for fog light.
Not sure About the High beams no real need to change those though, but H7 for driving lights and H3 for fogs is correct.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah, i checked H7 are my low beams. The 10000k are suppose to be a dark blue color. Now i know how Brock feels when he orders something in the mail. I wanna put them in now lol!

·
Registered
180 Posts
yah, i checked H7 are my low beams. The 10000k are suppose to be a dark blue color. Now i know how Brock feels when he orders something in the mail. I wanna put them in now lol!
Why are you doing that?????!!!?? Are you just going for looks or functionality? There is no reason to go above 5000k you actually LOSE light by going to a higher kelvin..... If you are going for looks save yourself the money and just get your silvana's again or whatever...... You're wasting that hid setup by sticking those ridiculously low light bulbs in there. The best light can be found in the 4000k - 5000k range.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Why are you doing that?????!!!?? Are you just going for looks or functionality? There is no reason to go above 5000k you actually LOSE light by going to a higher kelvin..... If you are going for looks save yourself the money and just get your silvana's again or whatever...... You're wasting that hid setup by sticking those ridiculously low light bulbs in there. The best light can be found in the 4000k - 5000k range.
Too late now. Hope they work out Rob.

·
Registered
180 Posts
question... what happens to the DRL when u convert to HID?

i heard 6000k is the best light to get...
Depends on what you consider "best light" If you are looking for something that is going to look like youre driving during the day you need to stay in the 4000-5000 range. Most people I know that get or have HIDs use 4500. Once you get over 5000k you start to get into the blues 10000 - 12000k range is super dark blue / purple. Also please note that when you see a car with hids drive by and you see those blues n purples from the side that isnt the actual light that the bulbs put out and what the driver is actually seeing, it is the light deflection from the projector itself. So by running a nice "white" driving light you can still obtain the "cool" looks bc they are hids... Also since Halogen projectors are NOT HID projectors the actual look is not quite the same nor as clean since they are not meant to aim HID light but halogen light....

Now I am also picking up a HID kit and my main reason for it is A) doing a retrofit is F'ing expensive. If I could find a busted set of s2000 headlights or TSX ones with the projectors intact I would try the retrofit B) my driving lights suck MONKEY BALLS. They are very dull and you pretty much have to drive around with high beams on on back roads n stuff. C) Going with a 55w kit w/ 5000k bulbs = 3x brighter than F'n stock..... FTW

So basically I'm doing this conversion for safety and not looks. Looks is just a plus :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hid

i'm probably goin to get the 6000k on my 07 wrx tr

how about the DRL's? anybody got an answer for that? what happens to the DRL's when converting to hid, are the hid's goin to be lit up on the day time as well?

·
Registered
180 Posts
i'm probably goin to get the 6000k on my 07 wrx tr

how about the DRL's? anybody got an answer for that? what happens to the DRL's when converting to hid, are the hid's goin to be lit up on the day time as well?
Not positive but my "educated guess" would be that since you are not messing with the actual lighting circuit, that the drl's will still be enabled. Therefore I suggest looking through NASIOC for a how to disable DRL's for 07 wrx. Its different over the years. Some you can disable from the engine bay while others you have to go behind the glove box. Dont quote me on this though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
question... what happens to the DRL when u convert to HID?

i heard 6000k is the best light to get...
4300k is the best light output. HID will look blue far away because of the cut off shield and whatever else crazy properties of light come into play...going into high K is BAD...light output is teh sux. Rumor has it you have to disable DRL into to run HID...DRL is lame anyway unless ur blind as a bad...just turn on your HIDs.

And try to go Bi-Xenon...hehehe:thumbup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah, I actually learned a TON of stuff from my buddy who's into Hondas...he's been reading bout cars like since he was -6 yrs old...

Good source to check out for retros, sales, info is HIDplanet.com...amazing resource.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll have to check that out...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arg the management is too cheap at my place to have drop boxes. So i have to wait until monday to get my hids...GRRRR!!!

·
Premium Member
14,838 Posts
Arg the management is too cheap at my place to have drop boxes. So i have to wait until monday to get my hids...GRRRR!!!
Sucks... :sadwave: I wanna see what they look like.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Me too lol..

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Picked up my HID kit at the post office today.. Can't wait to install it and see what it's like at night..

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Picked up my HID kit at the post office today.. Can't wait to install it and see what it's like at night..
I have some plan for my friend's wedding so i'm kinna on a tight schedule. I'll let you know later when I will be available. Talk to u soon Rob.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'll be there in the afternoon or so, I have some things I would like to take care of first.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts