ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that you cannot put HID light bulbs into the WRX headlight housing as it will cause more harm then good...is this true? If so, what do I need to do so I can have HID headlights on my baby!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Retrofitsource.com has a complete kit for the 08+WRX(HID projectors, oem bulbs and ballasts) about $350.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
The Retrofitsource.com has a complete kit for the 08+WRX(HID projectors, oem bulbs and ballasts) about $350.
$330 actually.... But they are not oem bulbs and ballasts. But still high quality. I get mine in next week. I'll let you know how they look.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
It isn't really a question of can or cannot, it's a question of should or should not. You technically COULD do it, but you most definitely should not. Definitely look into a retrofit.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
hangie11 said:
This was pretty cool. I don't know how you did it but it was my and it was awesome. But seriously how did you get it to record like that or whatever that was? lol
http://lmgtfy.com/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
the sti lights in the 3g cars are a direct physical fit.. harnesses however are different. Though, that being said.. there are adapter harnesses out there (lightwerx?) that I'm told of that will allow the sti headlight to connect to the WRX harness. This is the route I plan to go when I get tired of the factory wrx headlights. IF I get tired of them. Honestly I think they work just fine.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Before spending $$ on HIDs, contact Dan and buy whatever he tells you to (I'm not kidding). A quality bulb can make a decent difference in lighting, and you could end up saving yourself some coin in the process. Unless, of course, you want HIDs for "baller status"...

rage-wrx said:
That might be a great thing to do,get the STI headlights .But at $550 a piece,I would have to think about it.
I sold one of mine with a minor scuff (strictly cosmetic, didn't affect output) for $125 shipped, and it took some effort to even sell it at that.

Buy used and profit :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts