ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed an HID kit with morettes? And does anyone have a good write up on how they did the install. Its suppose to be pretty much plug and play(I have the harness) but want to make sure there is no hidden problems with this. Also where to mount the ballasts. It seems they can fit inside the bottom of the morette itself.

The hid kit is Eaglite type H7 with LHD Morettes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i just got the same kit me and my friends did it without knowing what we were doing its really easy, just get a trip poper, and a wratchet with 10-15 mil. fittings, disconect the battery and its sirously rediculously easy. Where did you get the harness b/c i didnt get the harness and the main headlamp plugs dint fit. but sirously its really easy

·
Registered
253 Posts
oh cool, thanx alot for the link. Good luck with the install its really easy just make sure you disconnect the battery before you do anything...my friend allmost ellectricuted himslef, it was kinda funny but it wouldnt have been...anyways good luck

·
Registered
442 Posts
newbie967 said:
i just got the same kit me and my friends did it without knowing what we were doing its really easy, just get a trip poper, and a wratchet with 10-15 mil. fittings, disconect the battery and its sirously rediculously easy. Where did you get the harness b/c i didnt get the harness and the main headlamp plugs dint fit. but sirously its really easy
Was this the HID version? How did you hook it up to work with your daytime running lights? I tried to order one from rallyperformance.com but they are working for a fix.
Thanks,
Ali

·
Registered
253 Posts
ya it was the hid kit. you hook it up by matching up the plug on the hid kit, to the old plug. The only problem is, that the main plug, the male end from the hid's is not the right type on mine. easly solved if you know how to wire it but sadly,i dont. oh ya, the day time running light isjust a little like 10 wat bulb inside he main hid casing, its not bright at all.

·
Registered
442 Posts
newbie967 said:
ya it was the hid kit. you hook it up by matching up the plug on the hid kit, to the old plug. The only problem is, that the main plug, the male end from the hid's is not the right type on mine. easly solved if you know how to wire it but sadly,i dont. oh ya, the day time running light isjust a little like 10 wat bulb inside he main hid casing, its not bright at all.
That's what I'm looking for. I don't want the HID to go on and off the with daytime running lights. Where did you get yours and how much was it?
Thanks,
Ali

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my morettes installed with HID eaglite kit. Install was fairly easy, took about 90 mins for me from start to finish. That included blowing a fuse due to my lack of testing the + and - wires on the morettes. I crossed them and blew the fuse :( .

Now to stop the HIDs as your daytime running lights. Unplug the DRL control module - its a 10 connector white plug which is located under the right outermost side under the glove box drirectly behind the high beam relay. I had a picture of it but cant find it right now.

Just unplug the 10 connector plug and your headlights operate normally with no side effects of the DRL to harras you. After I did this no more DRL's and the HIDs work great!

·
Registered
442 Posts
WRX-Hellfire said:
Found PIC
Thanks for the info and the picture. I see you have an M2 exhaust on your car. Are you happy with it? Does it sound like the clip they have on their web site? How is build quality? Do you get any check engine lights with your exhaust and up-pipe?

Thanks,
Ali

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M2 exhaust and M2 uppipe. Sounds are awesome from the exhaust, sounds like a rumble from a V8. Also there is no highway drone and the cops do not look at me :) . It gets noticable when you go WOT but then its again like a mustang going WOT, nice deep growl. No CELs and I have had it for 15000 miles. Build quality is very good, the tip is still shiny like new and the rest of it appears to be doing well also. The exhaust also comes in 3 different flavors for the tip, twin 3"(loooks stockish), 4" and 5" tips. I went for the 4" and it looks good. I have seen the 5" but it appears more like a melon shooter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts