ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... Installing HIDs finally. Now what do I do about my DRLs? Do I keep the HIDs as DRLs? Turn off DRLs, or do I do Angel Eyes?

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Keep them as DRLs. (my vote)

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
I'd keep the drl function.. HID's last much longer than halogens anyway so why not?

To be seen is much better than not seen.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did some reading up... and the HIDs lose a lot of life when they don't get the right amount of electricity... so with DRLing them... they will burn up a lot faster.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Dumb question, but what's wrong with having your headlights on during the day... the only downside I can think of is the dim clock, but I'm sure there are other reasons.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dumb question, but what's wrong with having your headlights on during the day... the only downside I can think of is the dim clock, but I'm sure there are other reasons.
Not a dumb question... Tail lights will burn out faster, stereo, and clock will be dim, plus I wouldn't be doing things "right" if I just decided to use the headlights all the time as a bandaid.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I vote to lose the DRL....

Even though HIDs last a lot longer, as you said, without getting the full amount of power they will burn out quicker. Definitely do not do the angel eyes, I cannot express how much I hate that mod. So IMO the best choice would be to loose the DRL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts