Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Germany right now but will be back in WA state this March (I'm in the military)....I would like to get a WRX right when I get home, but my credit isn't the greatest and I am not so sure I have enough for a down payment just yet. (I do have a co-signer willing to help me out also)

I just need some peace of mind (badly :) )...so for those of you that don't mind disclosing this info:

If you are financing your WRX or have already financed it,
I just need some input on:
a) what was your downpayment and
b) how is/was your credit rating, poor/fair/good

Thanks everyone, and I hope to be driving one soon :D

Also, if I end up looking at a used WRX, what are some specific things I should look out for for this car if anything? I'm pretty new to the impreza...I come from the world of old muscle cars and trucks :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think it will be atleast another 12-24 months before you start seeing these things on the lots sold as used...and the #1 thing to watch out for when buying this kind of car is....ABUSE.....majoraty of the people who own a WRX are young people...not all but most of them...and 90% of the time young people abuse cars...I know I abuse mines because thats what I bought it for...something I can enjoy...and if it breaks its under warrenty :cool:

when I purchased mines I put it in my wifes name to statr establishing her credit..her credit is good it is just NEW.....she never really applied for credit until we got married :D so long story short they would have approved her no matter what for almost little of nothing through chase bank...but we put $5,000 down anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts