Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally snagged the '14 wrx hatchback, and it's everything I could hope for. Unfortunately, my wife is a little more sensitive to the....loudness. She isn't making me do anything about it, but I want to make it so she will actually want to go on joy rides with me.

I don't know anything about this car's specifics, and I'm trying to determine what kind of exhaust is on it. I don't see any mufflers near the exhaust tips, which I think is why it has such a powerful rumble. I do believe it is catted though, as VA has pretty strict emissions standards. The downpipe has "subaru" on it, so I believe it is OEM. I've looked at the Invidia Q300, and it has a more subtle rumble that seems perfect. Could someone help me identify what my exhaust situation is currently, and a good route to go?

Thanks!

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Helmet Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
11,951 Posts
That's a straight pipe. It's a wonder your neighbors haven't disappeared your car.

Q300 is solid. Ets had a good one. Nameless with the 5" cans (nameless is a brand name), OEM sport exhaust if you can find it.

All infinitely quieter than fart cannons. None specifically quiet aside from the OEM one. All sound tough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a straight pipe. It's a wonder your neighbors haven't disappeared your car.

Q300 is solid. Ets had a good one. Nameless with the 5" cans (nameless is a brand name), OEM sport exhaust if you can find it.

All infinitely quieter than fart cannons. None specifically quiet aside from the OEM one. All sound tough.
Oof, yeah. I coasted into my 'burb last night to not wake anybody up. Should I replace my downpipe as well, or just the catback exhaust? If the current downpipe is OEM 2.5", I'll need the 3" exhaust to adapt to it right? Is this R400 the right one?Sorry, very new to all this. Greatly appreciate any advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts